Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Front Cover Cover (Bra) for 2006+ Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2007, 11:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Mopar Front Cover Cover (Bra) for 2006+ Cruiser

I bought a Mopar 2 peice Front End Cover (bra) for our new Cruiser. The install is pretty easy, but when I got the thing on and got to what is basically the last step of installing it, I ran into a problem. The instructions show that there are supposed to be a screw just under the front bumper on either side. The bra has two tabs that are supposed to connect to button screws that you replace in these two spots. The problem is that there are no screws there! There are screw farther back and closer to the middle of the bumper that look like they attach the bumper to the frame, but nothing close enough that it could work for these tabs. I'm wondering if anyone has run into a similar problem, or maybe if you have an '06 or '07 cruiser if you can tell me if yours has these mysterious screws or not. What totally confuses me is that this is a Mopar part, so I would assume that they would have the install pretty well figured out. And I'm sure it's for at least an '06 Cruiser (which is what we have) because it has the 'scalloped' cutouts for the headlights. Any suggestions?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 02:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Mopar Front Cover Cover (Bra) for 2006+ Cruiser

I put a bra on my '06 that I had on my '02. I have 3 snaps and a covered metal tab. I replaced the screws with the male snaps and the tab hooks on the lower corner under the inner fender cover. Mine is not a Mopar, but I imagine they all are almost the same. The "TAB" had to be bent to fit.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 24 Jun 2007, 03:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The Mopar bra has tabs on the bottom that are supposed to snap, but they do not have metal in them. I think I've figured out a fix, but I'm gonna get a hold of Mopar somehow to see what they have to say.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 03:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was looking at what hardware came with the kit, and I get the feeling that Mopar did a quick fix and switch. The hardware is a little different than what the instruction manual shows. Instead of the normal button head screw that would replace an existing screw, the kit includes two smaller threaded screws and two rubber flanged nuts. I'm thinking that these are designed to be installed into the underside of the bumper by drilling a small hole and installing that way. I'm wondering if this was a small design error on Mopar's part and this was their fix to it. The only thing that's a little odd is that there is no supplimental insctructions or anything to tell you what the exact purpose or procedure is regarding these extra parts. I'll try to call Mopar (if that's possible) but I think I can get this to work as described.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 04:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Mine was purchased from Wolf for the 2002. I did have to rework one of the male snaps on the '06 to make it attach correctly.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar