PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Single grill with bumperettes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2007, 04:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Single grill with bumperettes?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone makes a grill/bumper replacement that has a single grill running down to the bottom of the spoiler (nearly) and has 2 small bumpers, one on either side. A lot of 60s custom cars and rods had that look and I think it'd suit the Cruiser just fine. But I haven't been able to find one on-line.

Rob
Old 21 Aug 2007, 06:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Single grill with bumperettes?

PTeazer is (I think) the largest maker of aftermarket front ends including what your looking for.

PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions.

Old 21 Aug 2007, 11:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Crewzin

I must admit I really like the look of this grill, this affliction called MAS (mods aquisition syndrome) is really starting to take hold of me. I've only had my brand new 'Vert since May and already the mods are getting the best of me. My new wheels and tires will be here on Friday.....

Regards
Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 22 Aug 2007, 06:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Winddancer,

Loads of things you can do with the vert. Take your time and look around before you do anything. Lots of choices.

Old 22 Aug 2007, 02:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

those two verts look awesome !!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 03:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
PTeazer is (I think) the largest maker of aftermarket front ends including what your looking for.
Thanks Crewzin,

They certainly have something that's close to what I was thinking: the PTEAZER Air Flow 22 w/ Smoothie Front Fascia. It's close, though I'd like to add a couple of little chromed bumpers below the headlights.

I had in mind a slimmer, more pointed grill, with more of a division between it and the wheel cover/headlight area, but that may not be possible on the PT without extensive (and expensive!) customization.

Oh well, it's only money!

Rob
Old 22 Aug 2007, 04:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The aftrmarket does sell chrome inserts for the bumper. It fits the full size bumper, but could possibly be trimmed for the small size of the PTeazer bumperettes.

Old 23 Aug 2007, 09:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs turbo pt View Post
those two verts look awesome !!
I agree they both look great.

I have a black 'Vert and as Crewzin said, I am taking my time deciding what I'm going to do as far as mods are concerned. I've only had it since May, I have added the OEM Mopar rear spoiler for 'verts, the OEM Mopar Ground Effects Package and a chrome exhaust tip. Tomorrow I am getting my new chrome 5 spoke wheels and larger tires put on.

Regards
Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 23 Aug 2007, 08:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Single grill with bumperettes?

Rob,
I agree - the PTeazer bumperette with aftermarket chrome inserts is probably as close as you'll get with the split bumper, without some expensive custom job.
-I didn't see any info in your profile. What year is your Cruiser? If it is 2006 or after, the bumperettes are fiberglass. Prior to that the are urethane. The new 2006 mold has been too expensive for them so far.
-In the 2001-5 PTeazer bumperettes, they sell aftermarket chrome covers for the grill.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 09:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
-I didn't see any info in your profile. What year is your Cruiser? If it is 2006 or after, the bumperettes are fiberglass. Prior to that the are urethane. The new 2006 mold has been too expensive for them so far.
-In the 2001-5 PTeazer bumperettes, they sell aftermarket chrome covers for the grill.
Mine's a 2002. I'm currently thinking deep thoughts about budget and whether to spend it on performance upgrades or visual ones. (Do I want to have fun, or do I want to look like I'm having fun?) Can't afford both.

Rob