PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2007, 03:51 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yteka99
Default lights

I was looking at fog lights for my 2001 pt cruiser. I want to install them myself but i want to know if any of you have done this and could tell me how difficult it is. I was also thinking about installing hallogen buls in my headlights and was woundering the same thing. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 06:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: lights

The only advice I can give is to try a do a search for "lights" to see what others have done. I've heard that the wiring can't take any more wattage that what is in there right now.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 07:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: lights

I installed the stock fog lights in my 2002, most of the wiring was there. I think I bought them from Wyckoff Chrysler. They do come complete with wiring and MF switch/control. The only problem I ran into was the directions were not clear, but the blinker module must be removed from the old MF and reinstalled into the new MF. MF = (Multi function switch/control.) It only took about 1/2 day doing it myself. I did feel quite proud that I could do it. Good Luck!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar