Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
OOGA Horn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2007, 06:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default OOGA Horn

I bought an OOga horn & want to know where most of you have mounted it?....there is not much room under the hood.

& where is the old horn to unplug?

Thanks
Larry
tpsfoto@aol.com

tpsfoto@gmail.com
2005 Plum Vert GT Turbo HO
Nav, Chrome 17" Wheels 5 Speed
K&N Typhoon Air Intake, AOOgah Horn, Freedom Design Strut Tower Brace
Some chrome here & there....

2009 PT bought with Cash For Clunkers.....sold it for a
2014 Juke
Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: OOGA Horn

If you have an after-market air filter, you might put it under the filter like I did in the picture below. The two other places I've seen the Ahooga Horn placed are: right in front of the computer using one of the computer hold-down bolts for the horn, and, in the front grill cavity behind the actual grill but before the radiator. Most of us didn't unplug the regular horn, we put a push-button on the dash and wired up the Aooga Horn seperately.

The regular horn is located in the front fenderwell on the passenger side behind the inner fender. You can't see it until the inner fender is taken out of the way.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 17 Sep 2007 at 07:05 pm.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 08:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Is it correct to eliminate the reg horn & just use the OOGAH Horn?....some have said to mount in the area where the wipers are.....removing the cowl & wiretie it in there ....

tpsfoto@gmail.com
2005 Plum Vert GT Turbo HO
Nav, Chrome 17" Wheels 5 Speed
K&N Typhoon Air Intake, AOOgah Horn, Freedom Design Strut Tower Brace
Some chrome here & there....

2009 PT bought with Cash For Clunkers.....sold it for a
2014 Juke
Old 18 Sep 2007, 05:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

I had my Oogah horn installed w/out taking out the OEM horn. My friend put it where the grille is (you can see the horn thru the grille) and the red button is where the rear window wiper/defrost buttons are.

I think next time I'll get a better Oogah horn and have it placed where it wasn't too loud/obnoxious. LOL
Old 12 Oct 2010, 08:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I own a Marine Blue '07 PT Cruiser Touring Edition. I also was wondering where to put an ooga horn. Since there isn't much room in the engine bay I looked around online and found a couple of posts here that showed a few places where a horn could be mounted. I had my dad work on the horn for me. He looked in the area where the factory horn was located at and noticed that there was plenty of room. He was able to hook it up in the same spot using the factory bracket as well. Hope that helps everyone. Also check out Model A ooga horn PT Cruiser on youtube. I did that with the panic button on mine and it does get people's attention. Randy, kb9tkb

Last edited by kb9tkb; 12 Oct 2010 at 08:58 pm.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 09:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

I'll take a picture of my mount and post it today. It was a very easy mount and wire run (I also used the alternate horn button).
Old 14 Oct 2010, 01:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Here is a picture of my set up, there was a hold pre-drilled in this bracket that the screw for the oogah horn fit perfectly! I simply grounded it to one of the screws on the strut, though I'd recommend the bracket to the left for a more effective ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oogah small.jpg (8.6 KB, 61 views)
Old 15 Oct 2010, 07:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

alright so i have a 01 pt cruiser with ooga horn in it its just the red button between the rear defroster switch thing. ive had the car 6 months it was my parents before hand it used to work but the bolts holding up the motor broke so it was disconnected the guy who fixed it never rewired them...is there a way i could do it? my dad told me he had to take the whole thing that has around it where the window switches are i loved that horn when i was younger and i want to be a nerd and hear it going again...should i take it somewhere and have them do it. the guy told me when i got my oil changed it was only two wires im sorry if i sound like an idiot idk cars at all so im trying to put it in easy terms so ill understand it as well.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 07:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

They had to fix the "bolts" holding up the motor and somehow disconnected the Ahooga Horn? I would think you don't have to touch the inside wiring around the center console. It's probably disconnected at a ground wire or hot wire in the engine compartment. You'll have to trace the two wires from the horn to find find which one or both are disconnected.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 03:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
They had to fix the "bolts" holding up the motor and somehow disconnected the Ahooga Horn? I would think you don't have to touch the inside wiring around the center console. It's probably disconnected at a ground wire or hot wire in the engine compartment. You'll have to trace the two wires from the horn to find find which one or both are disconnected.
and you CAN do it as long as you have feeling in your fingers!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar