Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
changing antennas: any thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2007, 10:27 am
Senior Cruiser

Default changing antennas: any thoughts?

Got a 2003 LE, original cd player/radio, if that matters (no intention of changing that--- I'm no audiophile, what I have is fine for me). I've been thinking of changing from the original antenna: replacing it with either a shorty antenna or a power-antenna kit; either one would be for purely aesthetic reasons, not current complaints. Anybody out there who has changed theirs got any opinions, preferences, suggestions?

I've heard there are sometimes reception problems with the shorty antennas; is there really much difference between the original, the 14-inch, and/or the 10-inch? Or if I were to go the power-antenna route, any pros or cons there?

Thanks in advance for your imput!
Old 26 Oct 2007, 08:24 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: changing antennas: any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybluewoody View Post
Got a 2003 LE, original cd player/radio, if that matters (no intention of changing that--- I'm no audiophile, what I have is fine for me). I've been thinking of changing from the original antenna: replacing it with either a shorty antenna or a power-antenna kit; either one would be for purely aesthetic reasons, not current complaints. Anybody out there who has changed theirs got any opinions, preferences, suggestions?

I've heard there are sometimes reception problems with the shorty antennas; is there really much difference between the original, the 14-inch, and/or the 10-inch? Or if I were to go the power-antenna route, any pros or cons there?

Thanks in advance for your imput!
I changed out my antenna with a shorty with a chrome skull on time. It's a theme. Anyway, I haven't noticed any difference, but then again I'm not usually too far away from major coverage areas. If I am, I usually play my iPod anyway, so I don't notice the difference.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 09:55 am
Regular Cruiser

I just got a 12" chrome antenna from RACEANDSTREET.com and it looks and still sounds GREAT..and I listen to a few AM stations as well as FM...sounds just a sgood as before with the stock
Old 28 Oct 2007, 06:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i put a short chrome on works just fine
Old 29 Oct 2007, 01:04 am
Regular Cruiser

Talking Re: changing antennas: any thoughts?

I have the shorty w/chrome base, no problems here