PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Easy Fix For Those Holes in Your Bumper!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2007, 05:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Easy Fix For Those Holes in Your Bumper!!

I too had those ugly very noticeable holes on my front bumper. We tried to hide it with quite a few different methods but still ugly. I bought his bumper trim they sell to fix the problem and added an extra look to my PT. I did place the bumper trim lower then what it called for. But it still looks great. It just does not fall all the way back to the wheel well. Plus I added those headlight rings. The gaps there were very bothersome, and the headlight rings fixed that problem and also adds to the bumper. Here's the link, incase you want to see what that bumper trim or chrome rings would look like on your PT. Plus tell me what ya think. http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/galler...ry.php?cat=538
Old 21 Oct 2007, 12:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Easy Fix For Those Holes in Your Bumper!!

It's getting close to what I've got!!! Looks good.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 21 Oct 2007, 04:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Very Nice Hooligan!! I was thinking of getting that lower grill peice too. Is it a strong plastic? I had ordered interior light covers. They were so flimsy I had to send them back. I just want to be sure that bottom grill is strong before I order it. Those flimsy cover things make me nervous now.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 07:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I like it. Where's you get the chrome strip?? What size? (1/2", 3/$" ?)

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Oct 2007, 10:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Both the lower grille and the chrome bumper strips came from raceandstreet.

The lower grille is 3/8' solid metal rods welded to 4 strips that has a bolt in each piece, it is a bit- - to install as you have to remove the upper grille, but it sets off the lower grille.

The bumper strips go on with 3M tape. I didn't have bumper holes to fill!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Oct 2007, 11:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yep exactally...I got the bumper chrome & the headlight chrome from Race & Street. PT Boutique has it also but more expensive. It measures 1 1/2" wide. The 3m tape is already attached, we just peeled it off as we went. Comes with instructions too.
I sure do like the look of that lower grill. I'll have to see about getting that soon!!. Sure would show the whole front end nicer. Thanks
Old 22 Oct 2007, 02:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

looks nice !!