PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt woody kits. anyone do their own install?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2007, 12:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default pt woody kits. anyone do their own install?

hi all-

i've been eye-balling a pt woody kit II and was wondering if anyone has purchased and installed one of these kits are their own.

i'm curious if the kit is worth the money ($649 at jcwhitney.com) and how the installation went.

many thanks.
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 09:03 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: pt woody kits. anyone do their own install?

Best I can suggest is: do you belong to a Cruiser club? Maybe check out what other members have, see if there might be someone there who can show you theirs, let you know how it went. Alternatively, you can get a body shop to do the installation for you.

Mine's a woody, but I've got the three-dimensional ABS panels, not the one of the 'contact paper' versions. Mine came from Moss Motors and cost about three times what you're looking at, but it still looks like new, four years later. Not sure if Moss or anybody else other than California Cruisers still carries the ABS, and I wouldn't recommend California Cruisers to anybody..... their, ahem, "customer service" leaves a lot to be desired!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 01:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I believe Moss Motors went out of business.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 25 Oct 2007, 08:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, looks like you're right, we can write off Moss Motors.... too bad, they were good there for a while!
Old 26 Oct 2007, 10:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Mine came from Moss but it was made by PT Woody. No way would I have tried installing it myself. Found a graphics company to do it for me. Took 2 guys 3 hours but it turned out great.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 01:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool Re: pt woody kits. anyone do their own install?

Aloha, I'm new! Just bought a wrecked 2001 and got it running over the weekend (had a ball driving it around Kona until it wouldn't start, only 'clicks' HOPE it's the starter drive). Just wanted to say yours is the nicest Woody kit I've ever seen (real popular option here in paradise). Sure would like to install one, especially since my car is rough overall. Guess I'll go for J.C. Whitney kit?? Got the fender and other parts coming in Friday and looking for a quarter panel (left rear ...only problem in paradise is there are no parts or good mechanics. By the way I found a California yard that has everything for half the price the other parts sources on the net AND they ship to Hawaii. $75 for new fenders~ Talk to Jose and tell him I recommended you. Bell's Auto Parts). Hang loose, Bra!~, -Pila of Hawaii
Old 13 Feb 2008, 10:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Pila, you have a PM
Old 22 Feb 2008, 04:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

does any one know if on the starter cables, if the green wire goes on top or bottom. there are two wires a green and red, I just trying to reinstall my starter on my 2002 pt cruiser.