Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
AFTERMARKET RADIATOR CAPS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2007, 09:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face AFTERMARKET RADIATOR CAPS?

Anybody had any experience in using aftermarket radiator caps? I'm think about coordinating all the caps, etc, on the new vert - keeping all I can as black ("stealth"). If you get beyond the replacement parts, and chrome or aluminum aftermarkets there isn't all that much.
There are some nice gunmetal ones on ebay. But, I've seen exactly what I'm looking for on the web, but made only for some imports, i.e. Honda, Subaru, Mazda, etc. Are radiator fill tubes a standard size? Are there any imports with the same 2.4 L engine or radiator? Of the two tpyes (A & B), I believe that the PT cap is Type A.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 08:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: AFTERMARKET RADIATOR CAPS?

it looks like the PT shares the same radiator cap family as american vehicles from 68 on. there should be plenty of aftermarket options for that style. just make sure you get the correct pressure rating!

if you want something cool, and functional, check out the thermocap. its got a thermostat guage built right in! freakin sweet. ThermoCap product information

Last edited by Cartman; 19 Dec 2007 at 10:39 pm.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 10:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: AFTERMARKET RADIATOR CAPS?

Thinking about using the Skunk 2 performance cap....even if I have to sever the head to make it work. I want to keep as much as I can BLACK under the hood!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 20 Dec 2007 at 04:15 pm.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

what about painting with semiflat black? thatll keep that stealth look.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 11:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Smile Re: AFTERMARKET RADIATOR CAPS?

I guess that I should have said stealthy, but still with a custom, aftermarket look. You know, like the gun metal oil cap covers, etc,
Old 02 Sep 2009, 06:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Mike,

You answered a 2 year old thread about radiator caps with your thoughts about a muffler. Try and keep up with the conversation. In fact, your out of here. You muffler post has landed on quite a few threads, all the exact same wording and your other posts have nothing to contribute.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 02 Sep 2009 at 06:28 am.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 12:35 am
Banned

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16514. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.