Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
front-end bras (LeBra, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default front-end bras (LeBra, etc.)

So how many of you use these, and are you pleased with the fit, etc.? What brands and prices do you have and have you paid?

I want to prevent bugs and paint chips.

Thanks!
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I bought the Mopar Bra at Tenafly Chrysler, http://store.yahoo.com/tenafly/frontendcover.html, for $118.69. They carry both versions at the same price, with plate opening, #82208109, and without the licence plate opening, #82207292. I like it because it snaps on and off making installation and removal easy. Tenafly won't give or send you a tracking number, but I have received everything I have ordered from them ok.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 09:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Like Sci-Fi, I bought the Mopar full bra also. After you install 8 snaps in place of screws that are already on the car (3 per wheels well, 2 under the front bumper) the bra goes on or off in about 2 minutes. I use it 4-5 times a year when I take the trip (886 miles) up north to see the grandkids. I always put an extra good coat of wax on before attaching the bra. No problems so far except that a couple of the tabs that keep the bra snug around the headlight tend to push the rubber gasket into the recess. It's just a matter of getting a needlenose pliers or tweezers to pull the rubber gasket out again.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.