PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
factory flames

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2003, 02:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to secretspy
Default factory flames

Anyone tried out the factory flames? Of the 2 styles, I like the one that follows the curvature of the headlight, and I think that's the best style for a decal that I've seen. Just wonderin' if anyone had tried 'em or is happy/unhappy with them.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 01:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Spy,

You say there are two styles of factory flames, but the latest accessory catalog I have for the PT shows that there are 4 choices of the flame pattern. You can buy just the flames on the sides of the hood, or the flames that start at the headlights and look like they are part of the hood flames. Then there's the flames from the front wheel well that go over the front door or you can choose the same flames that go over both doors.

By the way....WELCOME to the forum. What's the idea behind your forum name ?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 03:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Crwzin,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I know what you mean by 4 different options of flames, but there are 2 "styles" with different combinations....if that makes any sense. I was saying that I like the style in your post picture the best. Are you happy with them? From your picture, it looks like there's more yellow in it than in a picture I have.

btw, my name is pretty much what I use for everything...no reason behind it, I just used it a while back and it stuck.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 06:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

SecretSpy,

Sorry, but that's not my car with those flames. I just grabbed it off one of the websites that sell those flames :

http://www.revelenterprises.com Flames go for $489.00

I asked about the forum name because I retired from the NSA (No Such Agency)a few years back and retired to Florida.

I have painted cromealusion flames on mine.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 11:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for that website....it's definitely goin' in my favorites. BTW Nice lookin' car.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 02:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Crewzin,
I think this is the first time you have shown us your ride. Very nice! Silver is THE color. Who makes the grill?

\'03 Silver Turbo, 5-speed, tinted front windows, gutted air box, K&N Filter, weather strip removed, second horn... Cool mods coming soon.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 04:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

TNT,
First time ??? Maybe first time you have seen it, probably everybody else is tired of looking at it. Slide on down to the testing area of this forum and check out anything under "CREWZIN".

The grill is Chrysler's original. I just used the tape cutouts from Streamline Design to black out the vertical grills.

Latest mods...

Old 28 Jul 2003, 01:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

secretspy,
New to posting, but I have gained a ton of knowledge on this site. Thought that it was time to help out someone as many have done for me here. I have an 03 turbo I bought it with the factory flames. Front quater and hood. Looks great, but I have noticed that after six months of owning it that there are three very small hairline cracks that are starting to form in the decal. They are all on the hood. I am guessing that it is due to the heat of the motor. They are not really that big of a problem, but right after a good waxing, the wax turns white, and the cracks really stand out. I have seen a few of the magnetic flames out there on line that look good, might be something to consider. The engine has no major mods, a cold air intake about sums it up, so it is running at the same temp. Well, hope it helps a little.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 08:26 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

TNT,
First time ??? Maybe first time you have seen it, probably everybody else is tired of looking at it. Slide on down to the testing area of this forum and check out anything under "CREWZIN".

The grill is Chrysler's original. I just used the tape cutouts from Streamline Design to black out the vertical grills.
Hi Crewzin. Can you give a little more information on those cutouts from Stramline? I have seen them on their site but wonder how easy they are to apply and what kind of 'staying power' they have. Do they seem to be durable? Thanks!
[?]

BTW - that is one sweet looking Cruiser! Love the underhood mirrored lining!!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 11:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

AndyKay,

The cutouts are very durable. They don't do a perfect job of hiding the vertical grill but from far away and when the sun is high, they are almost invisible. Some people say you can save yourself $20 by doing it yourself....but I've gotten lazy in my retirement and let Streamline Design do all the work. Easy to put on..just take your time.