PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help on Installing LED Mirrors on My 06 Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2008, 03:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to outfit Send a message via Skype™ to outfit
Exclamation Help on Installing LED Mirrors on My 06 Cruiser

Okay I need some help . I have purchased aftermarket mirrirs 4 my 06 PT Cruiser. They have the blue and amber lights. Taking the door panel and factory mirror is no problem. What wires to I need to tap into, and do I use the same wire harness??? I'll put some pics of the mirrors if needed...
Old 28 Feb 2008, 12:42 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Help on Installing LED Mirrors on My 06 Cruiser

wow not even one response... Has anyone even hooked up mirrors with leds before is what i should have asked..If you have hit me up...Mind you that the mirrors are motorized....
1 -Hyper White 921 Superstar Bulbs from Autolumination
1 -Hyper White T10 Wedge 194 (Lic Pllate) Super White LED from Autolumination

Pioneer Head unit W/ HD & Satellite radio

2 - 7inch DVD/Headrests Monitors... dvd players built in the headrests
HID Lights 8000k 9006 for lows from xhidoutlet....
HID Slim 55w 6000K for high's from HIDGEEK.

Old 29 Feb 2008, 07:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'm looking into the same thing. I have a 2007, and I'm looking into getting these. If you post some pics, I might be able to help you out.

BTW which ones did you get? (eBay??)
Old 29 Feb 2008, 10:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I had some on mine. Ran a wire from the rear tail lights and connected the mirrors to that. Worked fine, just that there was to much distortion in the mirror. Took them off and later added stick on turn signal arrows to the OEM mirrors and used the same wire.
Old 01 Mar 2008, 01:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
I'm looking into the same thing. I have a 2007, and I'm looking into getting these. If you post some pics, I might be able to help you out.

BTW which ones did you get? (eBay??)
Yeah we bought them on Ebay. Here is a pic of them . I was looking at them and the wires look like they would hook direct to the wire harness, because they are power just like my OEM.with the exception of the LED wires.... I will put pics up of the wires when i get my Cam back. Question , the harness that has the OEM wires , do they come out... or do i have to buy another harness setup?? Did I loose anyone...

Last edited by outfit; 07 Mar 2009 at 06:30 pm.
Old 01 Mar 2008, 01:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wedwudy View Post
I had some on mine. Ran a wire from the rear tail lights and connected the mirrors to that. Worked fine, just that there was to much distortion in the mirror. Took them off and later added stick on turn signal arrows to the OEM mirrors and used the same wire.
Never did think about that... I saw some instructions on how to do one, but it was for something like you have and it was for an 01 & 02.. They located the turn signal wires in the driver side kick panel and passanger side kick pannel. Is it the same for an 06 ???? May just go and get them installed, which is what my almost wife said to do, she told me quit being hard headed.... but did not use those kind words...lol..

Old 01 Mar 2008, 02:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

I think the harness is supposed to hook right into the oem one for the motor, meaning once you get the door panel off, you should be able to seperate the two halves of the harness and the new mirrors will just clip right in (I think, I don't have mine just yet) and the other wires (for the leds) will need to be attached to what function you want, i.e.:

Amber = turn signal, run the wire to the front or rear turn signal on the positive lead for each respective side

White = Brights (high beams), run the wire to the steering column and figure out what wire controls this.

Blue = parking lights, run the wire to the steering column and figure out what wire is active when the parking lights are on.

Other than that, they should be pretty easy to install...

Last edited by monkeyracer; 01 Mar 2008 at 02:14 am.
Old 01 Mar 2008, 02:20 am
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Help on Installing LED Mirrors on My 06 Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
I think the harness is supposed to hook right into the oem one for the motor, meaning once you get the door panel off, you should be able to seperate the two halves of the harness and the new mirrors will just clip right in (I think, I don't have mine just yet) and the other wires (for the leds) will need to be attached to what function you want, i.e.:

Amber = turn signal, run the wire to the front or rear turn signal on the positive lead for each respective side

White = Brights (high beams), run the wire to the steering column and figure out what wire controls this.

Blue = parking lights, run the wire to the steering column and figure out what wire is active when the parking lights are on.

Other than that, they should be pretty easy to install...
Wow ... thanks... Only problem I have is that the wires from the new mirrors have no harness, they are loose... Can I pull the OEM wires out from there harness???

Again thanks for the info... That will come in handy....

Old 01 Mar 2008, 02:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

you could use the original harness if you want a nice clean install, but it might be a lot of work.
You would have to pop the pins out without damaging them, desolder, then solder the new wires and pop them back in.
The other option that would be a whole lot easier would be to just wire the new wires directly to the oem ones, and just lose the harness altogether.
If you want to be able to go back to stock easily, you could clip the wires and harness from the old mirror and wire the new mirror to the clipped harness, and when you sell the car, or to return to stock, just buy a set of new mirrors, or re-wire the harness. (This way the only wires clipped are the ones in between the mirror and harness.)

Post some pics if you can of the aftermarket mirrors and what wires and brackets are included. BTW those are the exact ones I want to get, but I want to paint them body color instead of leaving them black...
Old 01 Mar 2008, 02:55 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks..... I will put some pics up tomorrow of the mirrors, brackets, 6 screws.. They also give you a set of wires to extend yours.... What store are you getting yours from?? I bought mine from MotorEnergy... I plan on leaving them black for now...