Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Partial graphic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2008, 02:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Partial graphic

Aloha, I'm new to you. Just bought a wrecked 2002 silver w/gray flame graphic (looks factory). Got 'er kruzin Kona over the weekend and having a ball. My question is, can the original graphics (or partials... and I know I'm dreaming) still be purchased? I have to replace the driver's fender and hope I don't have to start from scratch on an entire hairdryer repaint (even though I wish he was a woody)! Ciao, -Pila
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Partial graphic

Welcome to the from Pila,

If,as you say, the graphics are the original flames that Chrysler put on, you can purchase new ones at the dealer. Only problem is, they will want to sell you a whole new set (both sides of the car). The flames came in different colors and different sets, meaning, some sets only had flames on the hood and front fenders, other sets had the flames like the first set plus more flames on the front doors and I believe the 3rd set had flames all the way back towards the tail lights and covered the rear doors. Check with a local dealer (if you have one to see what they can get for you).
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Welcome to the from Pila,

If,as you say, the graphics are the original flames that Chrysler put on, you can purchase new ones at the dealer. Only problem is, they will want to sell you a whole new set (both sides of the car). The flames came in different colors and different sets, meaning, some sets only had flames on the hood and front fenders, other sets had the flames like the first set plus more flames on the front doors and I believe the 3rd set had flames all the way back towards the tail lights and covered the rear doors. Check with a local dealer (if you have one to see what they can get for you).
I appreciate this info (forums are the wealth of Einstein!)... and I really like your picture!~ Just moved back from Austria and drove one of the first Smart Cars in France when they first premiered. We are considering them for a resort project here in Hawaii but worry that they will hold up under the current Hummer survival craze! Let's produce YOURS! Ciao, -Pila, Kona, Hawaii
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The smart cars are just arriving here with Mercedes Benz making the first one to hit our shores. The Hummer craze has sort of died out here with gas prices rising. They just came out with the Hummer 3 (I think) which is a downsized (smaller) version of the original giant sized Hummer. I know, you must be paying way more than us since your on an island, but we stateside folks like our gas "cheap".
Old 13 Feb 2008, 05:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Hummer Consciousness

Darn near $4 a gallon here which turned my daily Vette into a weekend luxury. My new(ly recently wrecked) PT is an American delight!! A small Hummer, Hmmm, lets call that the difference between a Mammoth and an elephant... a Panzer and an M3. Lady backed out over her kid with one the other day here. Killed the child, you may have heard about it on the news. She found out about it twenty minutes down the road... from her neighbor on her cell phone. I asked another woman the other day how she wiped out the entire passenger side of hers. She walked around and was horrified. Knew nothing about it and was driving the damn thing when it happened. Think it's about time for a Armaggedon reality check here in America. People are driving crap I haven't seen since 50 calibers were mounted on them in the war. Long live PT Cruisers!~ -Pila
Old 13 Feb 2008, 05:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My Vette is a weekend warrior also but that's by choice and not gas prices. Wife's has a cross-over KIA with great gas mileage so we use that on long trips.The PT goes out locally almost everyday. Gas is hovering around $3.00 for regular in Florida and varies quite a bit by state.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 08:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Florida and Vettes

Florida, huh? Our pseudo Hawaii! Was in South Beach last year enjoying lattes and drooling over lambos. My publisher is in Deerfield Beach (Chicken Soup for the Soul). Here's the world's best Vette source for parts. Tell Dino I sent you. Used Corvette Parts - Corvette Salvage sells top quality new and used Corvette Parts at fair prices! He's got a football field full of stripped chassis. Doing a lot of exotic stuff on the side too, like old conversions on the (fabulous) newer C5 platforms. -Pila
Old 14 Feb 2008, 03:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome !!
Old 14 Feb 2008, 05:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Welcome!

Mahalo, Robert. I appreciate the welcome even though you can outrun me!