PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
it's a chevy nomad, no it's a pt cruiser, nomad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2008, 03:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default it's a chevy nomad, no it's a pt cruiser, nomad?

hi all -

thought i'd share this.

just finished installing 3/4" chrome trim on the rear hatch.

if you want to do this too - you'll need to do the following:

buy a 12 foot roll 3/4" 3m chrome trim. $18.99 at pep boys.

cut 8 - 17" pieces.

start at the center. btw: each center piece needs to be cut and shortened to accomodate the wing portions of the chyrsler logo.

these 2 center pieces (technically 4) need to be 6" apart from each other.

move outward and space each additional trim piece 5-1/2". (the 5-1/2" spacing allows the last 2 outer pieces to fall perfectly next to your additional emblems, so cutting "to go through" the emblem is not needed.) see attached pics.

tip: do not press firmly on the trim pieces until you're happy with your spacing and vertical placements. once your satisfied with all the trim placements, press them down using a soft "wax" rag.

park your pt in the sun, or blast your new trim with a hairdryer to cure (lock in) the 3m adhesive.

i think there's a kit out there like this for $75-$85. cut it yourself - and $$save$$!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n3e.JPG (25.0 KB, 59 views)
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.

Last edited by pppt03turbo; 19 Feb 2008 at 05:59 pm.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 10:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: it's a chevy nomad, no it's a pt cruiser, nomad?

that looks pretty cool !! thanks for sharing
Old 18 Feb 2008, 10:03 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppt03turbo View Post
thought i'd share this.
Glad you did, I have thought about this for my 'Vert.

One question, how did you handle the cut ends? Did you cut them straight or bevel them or ?

Regards
Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 19 Feb 2008, 01:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

i thought about making a cardboard template to help round off the edges and get a consistent cut, but went with a straight cut instead. even using a template, my bet was that there would be slight variances - which would have driven me insane. cutting rolled up trim is tricky enough. bend it back too far and you can develop a dip/indentation.

i used a "Craftsman 2-1/2 inch. Handi-Cut" to cut each strip. the chrome side rested on the flat part of the tool, while the flat adhesive side - is the side the razor cut into.
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.