Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
3rd brake light on 07 PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2008, 04:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Default 3rd brake light on 07 PT Cruiser

So i bought a sweet custom 3bl from streamline. The problem is, the new 07 PTs have something like the black dots on the windshield, but it s a negative variation where it is like a black mesh print that is only on the glass where the 3rd brake light is! So my 3rd brake light diffuser is illegible. I tried to scrape off the mesh with a razor but it didnt work... some please help me get it off PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Old 16 Feb 2008, 11:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 3rd brake light on 07 PT Cruiser

there is no way to remove the black dot 'UV' shade around the glass. it is etched onto the glass at manufacture and cannot be removed. it is there for a purpose though. the shade protects the urethane glass adhesive from UV light, which will over time break down the adhesive and cause glass separation.