Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
chrome doorspear covers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2008, 01:02 am
Senior Cruiser

Default chrome doorspear covers?

Hi I just bought some chrome door spear covers that go over the door mouldings...I know to clean the area with alchol ....Has anyone had any issues with these mouldings sticking with the supplied 2 sided tape?
Old 17 Feb 2008, 08:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: chrome doorspear covers?

I have put them on both of the PT's I have had. I caveat is, Start applying the strips from the flat ends, I didn't on the rear door and it was just far enough ahead that I broke the end when I opened the rear door. It hit the edge of the front door.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 06 Apr 2008, 05:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Yeah had mine on bout 2 yrs no problems. Just make sure its clean, Ive also put on many other stickons-no worries, Just like-once it sticks, its hard to adjust it
Old 06 Apr 2008, 11:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

I bought a roll of two sided tape and applied extra pieces every few inches along the top edge of each molding to make sure the molding covers are for sure sticked on and secure. I was leary about the very thin tape they put on the inside middle edge.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 07 Apr 2008, 12:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[QUOTE=careyk;228510]I bought a roll of two sided tape and applied extra pieces every few inches along the top edge of each molding to make sure the molding covers are for sure sticked on and secure. I was leary about the very thin tape they put on the inside middle edge.[/QUOTE

As long as you clean the surface of all wax etc, the tape supplied WILL hold.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 09 Jun 2008, 06:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Post Re: chrome doorspear covers?

Not sure if this helps but I put a set on my 06 about a month ago and have driven it everyday thru some pretty adverse weather and I have had no problems. Just like "Hooligan" said make sure the area is very clean then wash the area with alchol and you should have no worries. I hope this helps, or at least eases your mind a little.