Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How to install lower grille

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2008, 04:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question How to install lower grille

I like the look of these stainless grilles but the price was holding me back. So I found one used off Ebay for 150 in good condition. I finally got it but I don't have a clue how to mount the lower grille. It seems like the top of it should fit inside that hole in the bottom of the bumper cover but I can't get it in there and it doesn't seem like you can separate the black plastic bumper from the stock lower grille. Any help would be appreciated.

update- After fooling around with it for a while, I think I have it in place. The problem now is that it didn't come with the mounting bolts or anything so I'll have to figure something out.

Last edited by Megalon; 10 Mar 2008 at 04:26 pm.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 05:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: How to install lower grille

Got it installed. I'd post a pic but my camera's batteries are dead. Sorry for this waste of a thread.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 07:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

No problem, glad you got it sorted out.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 03:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

What I did was use black zip ties on spots where a vertical bar and horizontal bar are welded together. They are nearly invisible, unless you are real close. I zip-tied to the slots in the plastic grille behind.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 May 2008, 03:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

If you don't mind my asking...where did you buy your grille from. i've not been able to locate one like it anywhere.
thanks
Old 28 May 2008, 04:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Putting my lower grille on was hell cuz you had to hold the end bolt behind the lower grill to attach the screw to it. If you didnt have a 5 year old size arm to slide between the buper and the radiator. it was hell!!

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 03 Jun 2008, 04:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyj View Post
If you don't mind my asking...where did you buy your grille from. i've not been able to locate one like it anywhere.
thanks
I also looked around all over the net to find a stainless grille, and my prayers were answered when I found one on ebay, used, for 150$ so I had to snatch it up. They were for sale on cruisermotorsports.com but I just looked and it seems that they were recently removed from the site. Must be discontinued. Sorry I couldn't help. Happy hunting.