PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fender Removal, Help please...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2008, 11:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fender Removal, Help please...

Hello,

I need to remove my fenders on my 2002 PT, does anyone have this in a book on how to...??? Would you please post on how this is performed.

Thank you,
The Rev. AC
Old 13 Mar 2008, 09:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Fender Removal, Help please...

the easy way, start by jacking up the corner of the car you are working on and remove the inner fender liner (combination of hex screws and push retainers), lower car. raise hood. remove grille (hex screws, hooks on bottom). remove bumper cover ( 10mm bolts in corners, hex screws in wheelwells and along bottom and airdam, slides between headlamps and grille opening).remove headlamp (10mm nuts ). if passenger side, remove antenna and nut (may be frozen due to corrosion, penetrating oil may help but doesnt always). remove 10mm bolts from fender along top and bottom and inside jamb area, as well as the body side of the L brackets in the front. fender should come loose if all bolts have been removed. install is reverse. remember to transfer all hardware from old fender to the new one before install. good luck!
Old 15 Mar 2008, 02:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

There are couple bolts underneath. right by the door. there are 2 bolts then when you open the hood there are 3 or 4 bolts holding it down. then u have to go under the car and there is a couple bolts holding the front of the fender on. it should be right behind and underneath the light assembly. You might have to take the light out. make sure you don't pull it off to hard and don't bend it. one little bend and the whole fender and the fender flares will be not aligned and your car door will rub against it. Hope It works. Goodluck!!
Old 05 Apr 2011, 05:46 pm
Young Cruiser

Location: Centralia, Washington ( dead center between Seattle + Portland )

lol - i searched all over the forums for this and didnt find it untill i googled < how to remove front corner panel pt cruiser > thank god for Google eh.?
Old 05 Apr 2011, 06:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!