Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hood Scoop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2008, 11:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Hood Scoop

Hood scoop is ordered!!

Got it on eBay for $22 plus Shipping...Not a bad deal in my eyes. Just something more to add to my PT.

Who else has them? Did you drill the hole in your hood to make it work, or just have it for show??

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 17 Mar 2008, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hood Scoop

post pics when you get it done !!
Old 17 Mar 2008, 10:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs turbo pt View Post
post pics when you get it done !!
Oh I will.

BY THE WAY - Getting tints all around my car tomorrow (more than likely anyways)

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 18 Mar 2008, 09:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Had one on mine. Used 3M tape to hold it on. Almost impossible to get off a few weeks ago.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 09:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wedwudy View Post
Had one on mine. Used 3M tape to hold it on. Almost impossible to get off a few weeks ago.
How did you manage to get it off?

This is the one I got....with the 3M tape.

My Baby:

Old 19 Mar 2008, 12:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Well, I cussed alot, used a hair dryer to soften up the tape, cussed some more and it finally came loose. Left some marks on the hood that need buffing.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 03:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

that is a really nice looking scoop !!
Old 19 Mar 2008, 04:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wedwudy View Post
Well, I cussed alot, used a hair dryer to soften up the tape, cussed some more and it finally came loose. Left some marks on the hood that need buffing.
I've learned that talking a certain language to the part will help it come off. I'm sure it would not be appropriate to mention on this forum, but while installing my system, talking this 'language' helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs turbo pt
that is a really nice looking scoop !!
Thanks !!

My Baby:

Old 26 Mar 2008, 09:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Post pic of that scoop installed. i like that one.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Do you know if the grill on the scoop is removable, and does it have a solid bottom or is it hollow? I'm wanting to buy a cheap hoodscoop, and then do a ram air setup. I think I'll use my Airraid air filter, put it back in the stock airbox, block off the stock air inlet, and then run dual 2" flex piping (the stuff used at pools) to the airbox. I would think that would flow enough. It would look good, be functional, and cost way less than a Keystone good hood.

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.