Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Antenna Bezel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Apr 2008, 10:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Antenna Bezel

Got it on eBay. $16.99 including shipping.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 02 Apr 2008, 10:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: Antenna Bezel

Ooo I am planning on doing this lil change myself soon.

Make sure to post pics =P
Old 02 Apr 2008, 10:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Yup, yup. Sure will.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 03 Apr 2008, 05:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The bezels are really nice and go really well with a chrome shorty antenna. Make sure you don't drop the shaft down into the hole while replacing the old bezel.

Old 05 Apr 2008, 02:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

God, I'm an idiot. I got it today and I HAD to do it when I got it, so AT WORK, I go outside to install this grab my screwdriver and my wrench. I start to loosen that one part with the three notches, and screwdriver slips.

I have like 3 3in+ long scratches right next to the bezel . I got connections with some auto body people so maybe they could patch it up .

Anyways - Im an idiot for not grabing the tape as I should have, lol. I'll attach a pic a bit later

My Baby:

Old 05 Apr 2008, 03:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry, should have given you a couple pointers like LIGHTLY taping on a small screwdriver just enough to loosen the nut with the 3 notches and covering the area surrounding the bezel with masking tape.
Old 05 Apr 2008, 04:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
God, I'm an idiot. I got it today and I HAD to do it when I got it, so AT WORK, I go outside to install this grab my screwdriver and my wrench. I start to loosen that one part with the three notches, and screwdriver slips.

I have like 3 3in+ long scratches right next to the bezel . I got connections with some auto body people so maybe they could patch it up .

Anyways - Im an idiot for not grabing the tape as I should have, lol. I'll attach a pic a bit later
Damn!! are u serious... I was just about to warn u about that. I was nervous as all hell when i was switching mine out. I used a hammer to tap the screwdriver on the notches....

2002 Custom Dream Cruiser Series 5 Rollin 22s/20s
Old 05 Apr 2008, 07:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

It's alright. We learn from our mistakes and I'll be sure to never let it happen to another PT, lol.

I got it installed, its awesome looking. Still need to get that pic - It's just soo nice in Michigan that everyone is out partying and stuff, heh.

My Baby:

Old 05 Apr 2008, 10:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

So I lied...There's only 1 big scratch that I left . I guess I was just in shock from that one, I figured I made a bunch more... Anyways, heres a pic I got tonight:

Now I just need that Chrome Antenna!

My Baby:

Old 06 Apr 2008, 12:11 am
Young Cruiser

I'm working on the same mod right now.

I put in my Chrome Shifter cover and trim ring today along with my stainless steel strut covers front and back.

Now if only i could find my hammer. Or wait till monday and go to the dealership and use thier tool.