Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New PT Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2008, 02:32 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New PT Project

Im working on a 06 Inferno Red PT, tell me what you think so far. I am on the fence about the hood scoop. I have not painted it yet, but took a picture of it just sitting on the hood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4060049.JPG (62.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg P4060056.JPG (56.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg P4060060.JPG (62.6 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Deathstar; 06 Apr 2008 at 02:35 pm.
Old 06 Apr 2008, 04:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New PT Project

Wheels look good. Stereo takes up all your trunk space, but that's up to you and I'm personally not in favor of hood scoops unless they are molded into the hood.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 06 Apr 2008, 04:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Wow that looks good. I love the wheels. That system must kick some serious ass, lol.

Hood Scoop too close to the windshield?? Always thought they went in the center of the hood.

Looks great though! Nice work.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 06 Apr 2008, 07:30 pm
Young Cruiser

I was hoping to position the scoop as more of a cowling, that is why it is backwards. Thought about moding two white-lighted qauges into it also showing vacum and temp facing backward to the driver. There would be two small humps in it that way. Not sure if you can image what I am talking about. I love the Pteazer hood, but it is a lot of money. I just orderd the rollpan and dual exhaust from them.

I posted a few more pics in my gallery pics folder.
Old 06 Apr 2008, 07:55 pm
Young Cruiser

Funny story about the stereo. The very day I bought it, I took it home and stripped all the panels so that I could add sound deadening material. My neighbhors of course think I'm crazy for tearing into a brand new car.

After a few days, I had the whole system in. I took it back to the dealer for something then told the dealer I had troubles fitting in my new stereo. He reassured me that it would take any radio. I invited him out to the car to show me how. He first looked at the dash and I said, "the stereo would only fit in the trunk". He looked at me like I was stupid, then I lifted the tail gate. He laughed his ass off and then asked for some show pictures to hang in the office.

My PT is not a grocery-go-getter. I renamed it the "Party Time Cruiser".
Old 06 Apr 2008, 10:15 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Wheels look good. Stereo takes up all your trunk space, but that's up to you and I'm personally not in favor of hood scoops unless they are molded into the hood.
I agree, that hood scoop looks too fake.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 Apr 2008, 10:47 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks everyone for the suggestion to NOT use the hood scoop. I was looking for a cowling style hood, but the only one I can find is from PTeazer and it is very expensive.
Old 08 Apr 2008, 04:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If you form the scoop into the hood like a cowling as you said, it could be good, though it would look best if you made it PART of the hood, not just stuck on. the gauges are a good idea too. That system looks pretty hardcore, but are you going to paint the box it is in? that colour seems a bit... off.
Old 08 Apr 2008, 05:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wheels look nice !!
Old 09 Apr 2008, 07:59 pm
Young Cruiser

The box is wrapped in white vinyl that matches the upper white in the interior. It does look a little funny in the pic because you only see the gray white at the bottom. But when you are actually looking in, it looks good (I think anyway). It is pretty heavy, probably about 100lbs or so total.

I'm disappointed that the scoop may not turn out like I hoped. When painted red it will look better, but I think most of you are right, it will look stuck on, which is what it would be.

Will have the duel exhaust and rollpan in a few days. Will post new pics once installed.