PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 Driving Lights (Installation Problem)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2008, 03:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 Driving Lights (Installation Problem)

Hi PTs,

I'm attempting to install the driving lights on a 2007 PT Cruiser. These are the round style lights. I bought an entire kit from AutoTruckToys and need a little help. I've replaced the stalk on the column and now need to insert a 2-wire connector into the small green box, located under the fuse box. The instructions (all pictures) shows that the two wires go to Cav 5 and Cav 6. Oddly, I understand all of this. I just can't figure out which two are Cav5 and Cav6. Keep in mind that the picture might be wrong. This too. I'm not an electrcian, although right now I wish I was, but aren't I looking to connect two wires to power, to make the lights work? If so, I would guess that the two wires won't go in any of the Cavs that have no wiring running to the back of it, only to the ones that do.
I'm digressing. The problem is the picture shows Cav 5 and Cav 6 but one of those two connections (on my car) doesn't have anything to plug to. I do not want to guess when it comes to electricity. In trying to find a thread about this, I've read some scary stuff about things burning up.
I would appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide. I have pictures of everything.

One other thing. A while back, I emailed another forum member who doesn't want to be emailed. I just found that out and I apologize.

Thanks a lot...Vince
Old 30 Apr 2008, 04:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 Driving Lights (Installation Problem)

I've already said I can't help with the wiring of the fog lights but as far as emailing someone who doesn't want to receive them.....

Anyone wishing not to receive emails can go to "User CP" on the top of this or any page and under "Edit Options" read the instructions for having the option not to receive emails from the administrators and other users.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 04:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info. It helped.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 10:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

ive got a connector diagram, ill email it to you.