Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
relocate windshield washer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2003, 09:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default relocate windshield washer

Has anyone relocated the windshield washer from the hood to the area by the windshield washer... Need info and a photo would be great
Old 22 Jul 2003, 09:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have relocated mine to the plastic cowl below the hood. I used some adjustable washers made by Mycarr (purchased on the Midnight Moose Web Site-www.midnightmoose.com). I used these because they are very adjustable and I could adjust the spray where I wanted it on the windshield. I drilled 2 holes in the cowl(s) and mounted the washer nozzles in the holes and used the nuts to secure them. Then I drilled a hole in the firewall by where the washer fluid tube is routed up to the hood. I ran the fluid tube thru the hole (sleeved w/some hard plastis wire wrap to keep from cutting or abraiding the tube). Put an in line T fitting and ran to both washer nozzles. Ran tubing longer than I needed so that if I have to remove the cowls again there is enough slack to do so. I don't have any Pics of this but I'll see if I can get a couple & post. I replaced the nozzles on the hood with washer nozzles w/bright blue LEDs and did not connect the nozzles. I just got tired if the nozzles peeing on my hood and leaving tracks. If they leak a little now its no big deal, because it goes into the channel under the cowl and drains out like rainwater does. And I like the blue eyes on the cruiser. Only problem is they're illegal in PA, so I put them on a separate switch so I could turn them off/on when I feel the need too. Apparently the ornamental lighting statute in PA is open to inerepertation. I talked to Yobiebs who spoke with a statie and they said they're OK, but I got a ticket from a local county yokel for ornamental lighting. UGH!!! [8]

Alan
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

WOW sounds great can you post a picture... and since your is workig great give measurements of how far they should be seperated form eavh other... etc...
Old 23 Jul 2003, 09:27 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

Yeah, Alan's washers in the cowl look great! I'm jealous. It's funny that for most people, they wouldn't even notice something like that. But when you know that you get that streak of washer fluid going down your hood from there the washers are now, it definitely makes a difference!!

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 03 Aug 2003, 08:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

RN, I tried to e mail you but it is not logged on the fourm. let meknow if you need pics of where I moved the front wiper washers, I can tell you if you need to see them. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 03 Aug 2003, 08:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I posted on this the link is:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=3118
(includes pictures & measurments)
Alan
Old 03 Aug 2003, 11:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

I had my windshield washer relocated by Magic Pineapple (Maryland) - He made it look simple...Used the Mycarr washers in above... they work great -He did it in 15 - 20 minutes...and used the tubing form the existing fittings.