Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Altezza Smoke Tails

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 May 2008, 08:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Altezza Smoke Tails

I was looking into purchasing a set of the altezza "smoked" tail lights for the PT. They are mostly black and i think they would go well with my car. Just want some opinions. I will post a bad photoshop later and a link to the item... but I am currently at school, so I can't. Has anyone dealt with these before? How is their fit and finish? Thanks!
Old 09 May 2008, 10:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: Altezza Smoke Tails

Don't lose interest in those Bermuda Black LEDs!!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 09 May 2008, 10:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I still like the IPCW tails a lot, but these ones have one major benefit. Because they don't come with all of the LEDs and wiring, etc. they cost $200 less and my budget just can't stretch to that for a long time. Still not a surefire go on the Altezzas but it's seeming like a better option as of now.

Here is that bad photoshop:

The perspective on the tails is off, but I am too lazy to go and take a picture from the right angle right now. I figure that as my windows are pretty much black and the only chrome on my car is the Chrysler badges, black tails look good.
Old 10 May 2008, 01:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

No additional wiring for the LED's

Keep in mind smoke headlights just look darker than the originals rather than black.

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 10 May 2008 at 02:01 pm.
Old 11 May 2008, 09:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerdarkcross View Post
No additional wiring for the LED's
Keep in mind smoke headlights just look darker than the originals rather than black.
I'm glad you're here! It was your PT that originally got me interested in the IPCW Bermuda Black tails because of how good they looked. I still really like them and i think i mis-spoke in an earlier post. By additional wiring, i meant how they connected the LEDs together within the light itself. I know it just hooks up to the stock harnesses. As for the smoke taillights, I know they aren't pure black, and that is not ideal right now, but I am just sick and tired of the stock ones with the (IMO) ugly amber lenses and money is not exactly flowing for me.
Old 11 May 2008, 09:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

PTmodrod,

If your short on cash, how about having an ALL RED rear taillight. Some owners have painted the amber/white part of the taillight with red paint for a nice look especially on a red PT. Here's a picture and below it i'll post the link about them.

'Candy Apple' tail lights?
Old 11 May 2008, 06:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
PTmodrod,

If your short on cash, how about having an ALL RED rear taillight. Some owners have painted the amber/white part of the taillight with red paint for a nice look especially on a red PT. Here's a picture and below it i'll post the link about them.

'Candy Apple' tail lights?
That does look swaeet!

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 11 May 2008, 09:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Altezza Smoke Tails

I haven't lost interest in the Bermuda Blacks!
It's just a matter of time & $$!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 12 May 2008, 01:45 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Well before I found the Bermuda's I was thinking about buying the same set. ^_^

I chose the LED's for safety and to contradict a retro car.

I agree that those reds do look awesome!
Old 15 May 2008, 07:44 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I think that I have decided to wait and get the Bermuda Black ones. I won't be impatient and get something that is not exactly what I want. I like the all reds, but I don't want to open my tail light housing because I've seen some bad stuff with them not sealing properly again.