Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Relocated Washers w/Pics (Bump for SRG)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2003, 03:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Relocated Washers w/Pics (Bump for SRG)

I have relocated mine to the plastic cowl below the hood. I used some adjustable washers made by Mycarr (purchased on the Midnight Moose Web Site-www.midnightmoose.com). I used these because they are very adjustable and I could adjust the spray where I wanted it on the windshield. I drilled 2 holes in the cowl(s) and mounted the washer nozzles in the holes and used the nuts to secure them. Then I drilled a hole in the firewall by where the washer fluid tube is routed up to the hood. I ran the fluid tube thru the hole (sleeved w/some hard plastis wire wrap to keep from cutting or abraiding the tube). Put an in line T fitting and ran to both washer nozzles. Ran tubing longer than I needed so that if I have to remove the cowls again there is enough slack to do so. I don't have any Pics of this but I'll see if I can get a couple & post. I replaced the nozzles on the hood with washer nozzles w/bright blue LEDs and did not connect the nozzles. I just got tired if the nozzles peeing on my hood and leaving tracks. If they leak a little now its no big deal, because it goes into the channel under the cowl and drains out like rainwater does. And I like the blue eyes on the cruiser. Only problem is they're illegal in PA, so I put them on a separate switch so I could turn them off/on when I feel the need too. Apparently the ornamental lighting statute in PA is open to inerepertation. I talked to Yobiebs who spoke with a statie and they said they're OK, but I got a ticket from a local county yokel for ornamental lighting. UGH!!! PICS BELOW:

Washers from outside w/hood closed:

Hood Open Measurments:

Drivers side washer (Front View)

Passengers side washer (Back View)

Relocated Fluid supply line:

Hope this helps anyone who is interested in relocating washers from off of the hood. Any questions please E-Mail Me.

[?]

Alan
Old 27 Jul 2003, 06:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Nice job![?] Those look like the squirters that shoot a nice flat spray. I have those on my other car. I really like them. I think I see a future mod...
Thanks GH[^]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 28 Jul 2003, 05:36 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 1MEAN PT

YOU MUST OF BEEN READING MY MIND ,MY BODY GUY DID NOT RELOCATE MINE AFTER CHANGING TO A COWL HOOD, THIS IS GOING TO HELP ALOT
[?][^][?]
Old 12 Aug 2003, 06:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crzn8r

What did you do with the holes in the hood left from the old squirters?
Old 12 Aug 2003, 09:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

cruzn8R, look at the 1st pic, and you,ll see a set of Mycarr washer nozzles w/neo Blue Brite LEDs facing forward. They're black to match the cruiser paint. They are not connected to the washers. Only the LEDs are connected. They can be used as an extra set of turn signal indicators, or wired to a switch for constant on. In PA. some localities will take exception with the legality of such lights, so I'm going to use them as turn signal indicators w/a switch to convert them to constant on when I'd like.[}][}][}]
Alan
Old 16 May 2004, 08:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

BUMP for SRG