Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Best source for chrome grill over lay ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2003, 05:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Best source for chrome grill over lay ?

Please share with us the best place to buy a nice quality, do it your self, chrome grill over-lay for our PT ??
I have looked at Ebay's several vendors as well as other sites & I'd hate to buy a piece of junk ?
Also, a set of the four chrome bumper insets would be nice !!
Your experience & suggestions are appreciated !!
Possible pricing also ?
Thanks !!
Bill in FL [xx(]
Old 26 Jul 2003, 05:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Bill - check out Race and Street. Their website is at http://www.raceandstreet.com/ptindex/
They are generally thought to be one of the best vendors out there and their prices are always very good. Expect to pay 3 -400 bucks depending on what you are looking for.

The other place to look is Wyckoff Chrysler as they also have good discounted prices on the Internet orders
http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/ptcruiserstore.html

Hey, I could also tell you where not to order from...!! [:I]
Old 27 Jul 2003, 01:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

I've gpt a question about these overlays ... do they form fit on the horizontal grill bars, or do they just stick onto the edge??? The reason I'm asking is I just purchased a set from eBay and they are supposed to just stick onto the leading edge of the horizontal grill bars. I complained and was told that all of the kits are the same. I had assumed that the pieces of moulding form-fitted the OEM grill. Can anyone shed some light on this with a closeup photo or some comments????
Old 27 Jul 2003, 11:49 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pingber

I've gpt a question about these overlays ... do they form fit on the horizontal grill bars, or do they just stick onto the edge??? The reason I'm asking is I just purchased a set from eBay and they are supposed to just stick onto the leading edge of the horizontal grill bars. I complained and was told that all of the kits are the same. I had assumed that the pieces of moulding form-fitted the OEM grill. Can anyone shed some light on this with a closeup photo or some comments????
The ones on my grill (see my signature pic) are just strips that go on the leading edges with 3M tape. You can buy the roll of extruded chrome strip at Autozone for a few bucks. The more expensive form fitted overlays go over the whole grill (still 3M tape) and cover all of the horizontal and vertical bars. The replacement grills replace the OEM grill completely, although I believe the bottom half still just fits over the bottom grill as it is all built into the front fascia. I am sure someone can confirm or carrect this.

Check the WyckoffChrysler website and see the Autotechnica Chrome Grill overlay. This is a really nice overlay that covers the whole grill and seems to be an excellent price at $230
http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/auchgrov.html
Old 01 Aug 2003, 05:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

In reply to both above questions, I ordered my grill from Wyckoff Chrysler.Cost $230.00 Plus shiping and State tax [in my case].
Less 5% club discount
Ordered fr. wyckroff sence it is mfg by Autotecnica products,have been very well satisfied with thier other chrome products.

The grill covers the full original grill both horizontal and vertical to the same depth as the original.
Have both top and bottom
Top snaps on via six [6] clips molded on back, bottom via 3M adhv.
and two clips
It is well made and and heavy guage w/ excellent chrome finish'

Sence I like the original grill design but missed the chrome it is a perfect answer for me.
[^]
Old 02 Aug 2003, 10:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptbugzy

Check out cruisermotorsports.com for some nice products and reasonable prices.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 04:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have been decking out my stock "black" PT with all kinds of chrome. I have to tell you I am pretty pleased with the look. You can see it to at my website which I will share later. eBay is the best source for buying these goodies, but you have to be very careful and read all the text. For example you can buy a chrome grill overlay which you have to tape each piece on(Garbage)or you can buy one that simply locks into place over your existing grill like I have in photo. I paid $80 on eBay and the dealer sells one for $499 or the fuel cover is another good example. You can buy a solid chrome cover which is great quality or a cheap plastic chrom slip on cover. My site is www.auctionmethis.com/pt.htm you can email me and I would be glad to help anyone. 9 years eBay experiance!!!!!!!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 05:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

I bought my grille overlay on eBay in early 2003 and it just 3Md on to the horizontal bars. It looks great, has lasted well, and cost me $20. I also bought black out decals for the vertical pieces which cost me another $20. The combo looks pretty good. I bought from eBay chrome insert strips for both front and back bumpers. The rears fit in real nice but the fronts were not designed for the GT bumper and I had to be real carefull to get those in straight as there are not guides in the front bumper to help you. Those cost me a total of $25. $10 for the fronts and $15 for the rears. Those came in 2 pieces each. I am very satisfied with everything I have bought for my PT on eBay. Unlike some of the computer stuff that was badly misrepresented either by ignorance or cunning!![8D]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 11:02 am
Blaneb

Hi Bill,

Here is a link to an eBay auction for the Grille I got for my Wife's PT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...spagenameZWDVW

It is 89.99 + 15.00 shipping. I was really impressed with the quality and great design of the grille. It's been on for over a year and still looks new. I would recommend it!

Good Luck, Blane
Old 22 Aug 2005, 07:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Race & streets, the clips on the over lays aren't very strong.
I had to put screws to hole the top piece on as the clips
broke off. they do look good. I have them on the wifes Cruiser

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)