Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
DRL not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2008, 04:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default DRL not working

My dad has a 2003 PT and I was putting in an aftermarket stereo for him which worked fine, then today when I pulled it out to hook up the radio for him after I put it back in I heard a click like I had blown a fuse, I checked them all (interior and ex) none were blown and now the cd player has no power going to it and my check engine lights on saying " no fuse no DRL" and the day time running lights don't work.... can anyone help.?
Old 29 May 2008, 04:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: DRL not working

From PT Do-It-Yourself.net .........

I have a 2001 LE PT with 150k miles. I noticed the following two readouts flashing on the odometer: "No fuse" and "No DRL". I ran both vehicle self-tests and no faults were indicated. I checked the IOD fuse with VOM meter and all was OK. I checked the 40A door-lock fuse it was also OK. This is a Canadian car and I do not know where the DRL module is, so I have not checked it. Please advise where I can find it? While checking the fuse I saw the + battery was covered in corrosion. I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the connector. This problem has also affected the door locks, radio, mirrors and keyless entry. Any advice to resolve this would be appreciated. Thanks. - Dave, from Canada.

The DRL module is part of the instrument cluster/body control module. Power to all those systems come from several fuses, but share a common ground point. The ground (G-200) is located center rear of the instrument panel. The IOD fuse is the only one that will cause the cluster to display "no fuse". It would seem that the cluster has failed, a ground is open, or a power circuit isn't reaching the destination.
Old 29 May 2008, 05:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Y I found that and checked over everything again and looked closly at the IOD fuse and it is blown but it has like a plastic cage around it that I can pull up but I can't get the fuse out....
from one problem to another lol.
Old 29 May 2008, 05:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Maybe thsi thread will help....

Ignition Off Draw (IOD) Fuse Effects and Replacement Hints
Old 30 May 2008, 06:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

let us know how you make out
Old 04 Jan 2011, 04:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Have 2001 PT only 24K miles still smells like new, No fuse No drL has been flashing for quite some time. Like Dave from Canada, have checked all fuses and too had to clean battery terminals. PT is Canadian, parking lights as running lights. Along with lights not working the dome light and door lock and no chime when low gas or door ajar. Radio works as do dome light and locks with key on. Have not checked trip memory. How do you get to rear of instrument panel to check ground? DRL module? Rotom
Old 04 Jan 2011, 05:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

This thread telling how to replace the lights in the instrument panel should tell you how to take it out.

PT Dash Lamp Replacement
Old 02 Feb 2011, 06:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotom View Post
Have 2001 PT only 24K miles still smells like new, No fuse No drL has been flashing for quite some time. Like Dave from Canada, have checked all fuses and too had to clean battery terminals. PT is Canadian, parking lights as running lights. Along with lights not working the dome light and door lock and no chime when low gas or door ajar. Radio works as do dome light and locks with key on. Have not checked trip memory. How do you get to rear of instrument panel to check ground? DRL module? Rotom
PT has been in shop, pulled IPC and sent it to Michigan for repair and was returned saying could not fix. Trying to locate another one or place that can fix it. The battery was original but worked fine, even though I cleaned terminals twice, battery replaced! Any help would be appreciated. Rotom
Old 18 Feb 2011, 10:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
PT has been in shop, pulled IPC and sent it to Michigan for repair and was returned saying could not fix. Trying to locate another one or place that can fix it. The battery was original but worked fine, even though I cleaned terminals twice, battery replaced! Any help would be appreciated. Rotom
PT is fixed, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), replaced. List $630, not to cheap, to have everything working again. Rotom
Old 18 Feb 2011, 06:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

Quote:
PT is fixed, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), replaced. List $630, not to cheap, to have everything working again. Rotom
I'm glad to hear that everything's in order. Congrats.