PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
under car light wireing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2008, 11:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool under car light wireing

hi all!
just got a set of neons for under my cruiser i havent figured out how to get the hot wire from the battery to my switches yet, any good ideas? thanks in advance for any help! jeff

TNJCRUISER

'06 inferno red, SRT8 magnum sound system, '07 17" wheels, eibach lowering springs, billet antenna, mopar nose cover, and custom bumper due to some girl on a cell phone
Old 30 May 2008, 11:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt
Default Re: under car light wireing

Sounds fun! What color???

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 30 May 2008, 11:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i got some nice red neon tubes , i went with single color neon because my cruiser is dropped about 2.5" i didnt want little led dots under the car

TNJCRUISER

'06 inferno red, SRT8 magnum sound system, '07 17" wheels, eibach lowering springs, billet antenna, mopar nose cover, and custom bumper due to some girl on a cell phone
Old 30 May 2008, 11:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
i got some nice red neon tubes , i went with single color neon because my cruiser is dropped about 2.5" i didnt want little led dots under the car
This makes sense. I wanted some neon green lights under mine (green's my favorite color). However, I think this might be a little tacky...although, I like green, I think the plum and neon green would clash....

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 31 May 2008, 06:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, here's what I did. You don't use the battery itself for a hot line. The fuse box in the engine compartment has 4 spare fuses that will safely get you a hot line. Connect the wire to one of those fuses and run it through the firewall.

If you get down under the dash (from inside the car) you'll see a large black circular grommet that has a couple wires and the hood release cable going from the inside of the car to the engine compartment. There's enough room to slip a couple more wires through that same hole.

Myself, I put a lighted switch in the center dash console and ran the hot wire to the switch and back out the hole in the firewall down to the undercar lights. This way I can tell by the lighted switch when the undercar lights (I have LEDs) are on. Grounding of the lights can be done anywhere there's a ground depending on how your lights are wired. Now my lights were a little more complicated as they are computer controlled so the hot from the lighted switch went to the computer before going out to the LEDs but you shouldn't have to worry about that.

You must have a switch with the kit the lights came with and it should have instructions on which wires go where.

Back to your original question....don't use the battery itself for the hot line. You owners manual will tell you which fuses are the spare ones in the engine compartment but here's a reverse picture of the outside fuse box with the spare fused colored pink.

Old 31 May 2008, 11:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi crewzin, thanks for the info. i have to get my car to work so i can put it on a lift, but if i have any more questions i'll get back to you. i'll post pics when its done jeff

TNJCRUISER