Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'06 PT with '05 and older look...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2008, 11:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default '06 PT with '05 and older look...

Will the 2005 and older series front bumper and lower grill fit the newer '06?

I personally like the older front end looks with the bottom grill and driving lights, however I like the newer rear bumper. I know the headlights are different on the '06, but I did plan on having to fill a gap of some kind.

Any suggestions?

2006 PT Cruiser, 5 speed Short Throw, Zex Dry Nitrous oxide (75hp Boost). In car pc with 7.5 inch touchscreen monitor, Wifi, GPS and 200GB hard drive
Old 01 Jun 2008, 12:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: '06 PT with '05 and older look...

I think it might fit except for the headlight cutout.

Old 01 Jun 2008, 12:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

For the front end, I have seen ONE aftermarket bumper that makes the 06+ similar to older fronts ..... but only similar to older AFTERMARKET fronts. PTeazer makes a Bumperette Fascia that accepts one of thier full height front grilles. But it's $650 for the bumper, plus you need to buy one of the $1,000-$2,000 grilles to fit in the bumper.
This is what it looks like with thier cheaper grille insert:

Personally, I'm the opposite. I like the 06+ front end (especially with the lower stainless grille bars), but want to do a Retro Roll Pan in the rear.
Old 01 Jun 2008, 10:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs down Re: '06 PT with '05 and older look...

Simply trade-down!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 02 Jun 2008, 01:22 am
Cool Cruiser

I'm thinking you could swap the headlights to make it work. It looks like the top of the headlights is styled the same so the old ones should bolt in with the old bumper. I'm not positive, but it looks like it could work.

Ben

P.S. One of these days I'll figure out how to put in the whole picture and not a thumbnail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1 copy.jpg (14.2 KB, 30 views)
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 05 Jun 2008, 12:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was dissapointed when I could not find bumper covers for my '06. I came up with the idea of installing new production '79 VW bumpers on my car. I cut them in half I used 2 rear bumpers to make a front bumper. They cost about $80 each and only needed 1 front bumper to make my rear bumper. The rear had a gap that was filled by a licence plate holder/frame. It was pretty easy and really looks retro.
I like the '05 grill better and would like to find a chrome egg crate style grille to replace the '06.
I also modified a GEM hood ornament to get that 40's look

Old 05 Jun 2008, 05:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

[QUOTE=cleverklutz;232937]I'm thinking you could swap the headlights to make it work. It looks like the top of the headlights is styled the same so the old ones should bolt in with the old bumper. I'm not positive, but it looks like it could work.

one of our club members has fitted an 06 pteazer front and 06 headlights and an 06 rear bumper to his 03 so it would work the other way round....chris
Old 09 Jun 2008, 10:56 pm
Young Cruiser

So the 06' lights with fit the older models then right. I wanted to put on the Xenon front bumper but it only fits 06-07 pt's..
RF power mids and highs
Kicker solo-baric L5's x2
Old 10 Jun 2008, 02:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer View Post
So the 06' lights with fit the older models then right. I wanted to put on the Xenon front bumper but it only fits 06-07 pt's..
in a word yes...

Last edited by rebelcruzer; 10 Jun 2008 at 02:41 pm.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 06:54 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Ironman

Chrysler has not changes a single bit of sheet metal on these cars, so you're only hold back is the cut out in the headlights. if you can fill in that area and find a way to make it look factory please let me know, I want to graft '06 headlights into my '03.
Non Turbo, Automatic Transmission 2003 Touring Edition, 104,xxx miles so far. Extras- cruise control, fog lights, sun roof, rear defroster, ABS, rear disk brakes, six speaker sound system, power locks, power windows, A.C., window tint, locking glove box. My personal mods so far- removed white air restricter, white hibiscus flowers sticker above the rear hatch lock, nice white primer/rust splotch underneath the passenger side tail light from bodywork...more to come once the money starts flowing freer and the car is payed off