Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
This is a long shot...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:04 pm
Young Cruiser

Default This is a long shot...

But I am looking for drawings detailing the front grill for the 2006 PT. Specifically, the under side of the front bumper. I have been looking for custom inserts but everything I have seen, I don't like. So I'm thinking of designing my own and using the CNC, at work, to machine my own inserts. I could remove the ones on there and reverse engineer them, and I may have to do that, but first I'd like to know if anyone has drawings or solid models I could download.

There is also a chance I have not seen all the custom grills being offered. Please send me any links you all might have.

Thank You!

So...How's the whole "hopey-changey" thing working out for ya?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 01:08 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: This is a long shot...

What about the grills for 01-05? It looks like you are willing to put a lot of work into the project. If there is a grill from the old style that you like I think you can get everything to swap over. I think all you would need would be headlights, grill, and lower bumper, and I guess the parts to mount everything. The fender appears to be the same.

Just something to consider.

Ben

2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:58 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverklutz View Post
What about the grills for 01-05? It looks like you are willing to put a lot of work into the project. If there is a grill from the old style that you like I think you can get everything to swap over. I think all you would need would be headlights, grill, and lower bumper, and I guess the parts to mount everything. The fender appears to be the same.

Just something to consider.

Ben

Now thatís a ton of work. Iím only looking to machine four insets to fill in the four sections under the front bumper. I really just need to know the bolt hole locations.

I would like to make the two smaller end inserts, where fog lights might go, solid aluminum parts with a skull design machined into them. As for the two center large inserts, I am thinking a simple slat grill look. But I want to place the fog lights in this section. I want to place the fog lights nearer to the center line of the car, almost under the front license plate.

If anyone knows of a place to buy something like this, that would be much simpler. Please provide me a link.

Thanks Ben, Thanks all

Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: This is a long shot...

I added what I think you wanted to help out! I can do more for you to get what you want. Just ask..pt_cruiser_main01-thumb.jpg

It's not just a matter of MPG... it's the ride! Still wish it was better!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:38 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasmussen View Post
I added what I think you wanted to help out! I can do more for you to get what you want. Just ask..Attachment 305
Very Cool!! Thank You!

Old 20 Jun 2008, 02:26 am
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: This is a long shot...

Your welcome! In reality the slats probably need more air getting through them. I made the black lines thicker to show a larger opening. Make sure you bolt it in well.
I notice too that all the components that can be added through vendors seem to be two sided tape stuff. The grille for the bottom either covers over the grille face or attach with screws that can be pulled off and stolen. It is discussed on another part of this forum.

pt_cruiser_main02-thumb.JPG

It's not just a matter of MPG... it's the ride! Still wish it was better!

Last edited by wasmussen; 20 Jun 2008 at 02:34 am.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 08:55 pm
Young Cruiser

Cool...hope you don't get in trouble at work for using it for your own projects...

I wish the Sculpture shop on campus had a CNC machine..

I would like to see some vertical bars with a vertical grill....
or maybe holes or a honeycomb pattern...

man I would totally commission you for a custom project if I wasn't flat broke.
(4dollar a gallon gas plus a 100mile commute daily for 5 days a week= no expendable money)
Old 20 Jun 2008, 11:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

100miles a day for 5 days out of the week?!

You need a cycle for that, lol.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!