PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cathode vs. neon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2008, 03:42 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr
Post Cathode vs. neon

Hello, i'm looking for a outside/inside lighting for me Cruiser. I was wonder which ones are the best to get and where to get them, I just heard of Cathode and was wondering if they are any good, or if i should just stick to neon/L.E.D lights..

This is where i need all the lights =P i know it's probably expensive but, i got my grass cutting money saved up =)

Outside:
Twin scoops ( on hood scoop) (2)
In Tire Well (4)
maybe under car

Inside:
Above gas pedal/ under feet (4)
and...thats probably it lol...

thanks for all your help!

Old 01 Jul 2008, 04:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Cathode vs. neon

I used four 9" neon tubes inside the car. Two under the dash and one under each front seat. Doing that gives a continuous glow in all of the footwells. As for Cathode vs. Neon... I am not really sure. I do know that cathode tubes are not as breakable as neons and they don't get hot. (I had a set in my computer)

Be careful with the wheel well ones, the key to making glow look good is hiding the tubes. It will be tough to hide them in there. As for places to buy the parts... Autozone and Advanced auto carry Neon and LED parts, but not the cathodes. For the other stuff, all i can say is use the internet.

Last edited by PTmodrod; 01 Jul 2008 at 04:52 pm.
Old 01 Jul 2008, 08:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

thanks for the quick rundown, some website had like cathodes for like 15 dollars, and said they installed it to their car and i was schocked for how cheap it was, but i think i'll stick with NEON to guarantee the quality

Old 02 Jul 2008, 03:48 am
Young Cruiser

hey young one,
stick to neons and l.e.d.s and you will be happy. i do all my lites from oznium and they have great service.only had problems with one lite and they replaced no guestions asked.
have inferno under body kit,l.e.d.s under front seats,under dash,above drink holders in front and dome lite.
soon in twin scoops,in engine bay,and cup holders.and am considering in all a.c. vents.am actually going with pink in cup holders and vents becuz i am tired of seeing blue,red,or green in everybodies car these days.normality sucks!!
hoping you decide to be different in your car instead of boring blue,red. go with green and purple to match car and some uv and black lite accents??just my thought
loepard skin seat cover and door inserts,shade shift leopard flame graphics,17" panther wheels,custom rear deck, 3Dtaillights,and new sound system coming soon (for the second time),shade shift magenta-gold door pillars,flowlighting inferno underbody,and whatever comes along when wallet gets fat, and lastly rear bucket seats
Old 02 Jul 2008, 06:37 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I use cold cathode tubes in the grill and driver/passenger under dash area. I prefer them becasue there is no heat buildup and they pull less power from the battery.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 02 Jul 2008, 09:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercat2 View Post
hey young one,
stick to neons and l.e.d.s and you will be happy. i do all my lites from oznium and they have great service.only had problems with one lite and they replaced no guestions asked.
have inferno under body kit,l.e.d.s under front seats,under dash,above drink holders in front and dome lite.
soon in twin scoops,in engine bay,and cup holders.and am considering in all a.c. vents.am actually going with pink in cup holders and vents becuz i am tired of seeing blue,red,or green in everybodies car these days.normality sucks!!
hoping you decide to be different in your car instead of boring blue,red. go with green and purple to match car and some uv and black lite accents??just my thought
hey thanks, for the advice, and yeah i didn't think about having purple in it, i completely forget i got a purple pinstrip! But since the green glow wouldn't match my green color i have i'll probably have to stick with purple but i'm not sure how that would look.. maybe i'll just do the inside, like under the dash under front seats and maybe a couple other places.

Oh and i was looking at that website Oznium, most kits are like multi color. is there one with just green/purple? or do i just like save the color on the CEU?

Last edited by YoungCruiserrr; 02 Jul 2008 at 09:17 am. Reason: add more content
Old 02 Jul 2008, 02:15 pm
Young Cruiser

the infero kits are good price and fun to play with.just find color combo and save or remember them for use.
i was talking mostly interior lighting.found another site that sells a clear coat uv paint and thought about getting some for inside.changing headliner from grey to black and doing thundercat logo on it with the clear coat.turn on black lite,now you see it,turn off lite,now you don't.should be fun.
may also try cold cathodes in grill,cheap price so if i don't like i'm really out nothing.

ron
loepard skin seat cover and door inserts,shade shift leopard flame graphics,17" panther wheels,custom rear deck, 3Dtaillights,and new sound system coming soon (for the second time),shade shift magenta-gold door pillars,flowlighting inferno underbody,and whatever comes along when wallet gets fat, and lastly rear bucket seats
Old 02 Jul 2008, 06:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
the infero kits are good price and fun to play with.just find color combo and save or remember them for use.
i was talking mostly interior lighting.found another site that sells a clear coat uv paint and thought about getting some for inside.changing headliner from grey to black and doing thundercat logo on it with the clear coat.turn on black lite,now you see it,turn off lite,now you don't.should be fun.
may also try cold cathodes in grill,cheap price so if i don't like i'm really out nothing.

ron

yeah i seen alot of people with cathodes in the grill, plus the guy above us, i forget his name

Old 02 Jul 2008, 10:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
... instead of boring blue,red.
Hey now! What is wrong with red? I would have gone with another color actually, but there is no other choice on an all red PT with nothing but red accents!
Old 03 Jul 2008, 08:53 am
Young Cruiser

nothing but 4 outof 5 run red,and if not it is either blue or green.i just have to be different.my wife thought i was silly getting pink until she saw it lit up,now she wants some.i would go with pink and/or purple in a red car for contrast myself.
ordering cathodes and l.e.d.s,pink,for interior and the orange creamsicle lites for scoops and behind grill.those are white with an orange tint and think will look good against my linen gold paint.what do y'all think?

ron