Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Where did you put your LED's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2008, 03:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Where did you put your LED's

I have seen a lot of PT's lite up, just where have you put and or used LED's in and on your PT?
02' Black Woodie Limited Edition Drop in K&N Air Filter w/air box mod. 06 tail lights, Limo tint all around, orange LED interior, Mopar 8 inch sub, Stull side pipes. Silver stars upfront, a little chrome
Old 20 Aug 2008, 03:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: Where did you put your LED's

Neons count too?

I got 2 blue NEONS under my dash, one on each side of the center console. They flash to music, stay solid blue, or strobe.

Soon to get them underneath both driver/passenger seats, then eventually in the grille and under the car.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 20 Aug 2008, 07:44 pm
Young Cruiser

LEDs underbody kit,cold cathodes behind grill and in dual ram scoops,cold cathode in front footwells,LEDs in cup holders,door handles,door pockets,and soon to be added in a/c vents.Also cold cathode dome light.

Ron
loepard skin seat cover and door inserts,shade shift leopard flame graphics,17" panther wheels,custom rear deck, 3Dtaillights,and new sound system coming soon (for the second time),shade shift magenta-gold door pillars,flowlighting inferno underbody,and whatever comes along when wallet gets fat, and lastly rear bucket seats
Old 20 Aug 2008, 09:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Where did you put your LED's

Hey Guys,

Up till this point, I hadn't ever gotten too far with lights, but while it is all apart at my friends shop, I am taking it up a notch in true ex-Truck Driver Fashion!

For several months following up to the point where I was thrown into retirement from the road, I had been working on a collection of those ultra bright Orange LED Lights that you see rolling down the road on big trucks! These things have 17 LED bulbs a piece, and I got 40 of them going in as we speak which ought to shed a little light on the situation!

So far I got 4 going into each wheel well, 4 going behind the grill, 4 going under each front seat 4 going under the dash, 2 in the pillars just behind the seats and 6 going into me reworked new sound system in the trunk!

Next I am thinking of making cup holder inserts out of frosted plexiglass, and adding some backlighting to make all 5 cupholders illuminate, and finish it off with an underbody kit, and strobes in the headlights, fog lights, and tail lights, and we should be good for a while.

Now if I could just find a place for my tripple train horns I would have it made!
Take it easy!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 20 Aug 2008 at 09:06 pm.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 07:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Anyone replaced the instrument cluster and AC control ligths with LED? What LED did you use and where did you get them from
02' Black Woodie Limited Edition Drop in K&N Air Filter w/air box mod. 06 tail lights, Limo tint all around, orange LED interior, Mopar 8 inch sub, Stull side pipes. Silver stars upfront, a little chrome
Old 24 Aug 2008, 06:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoach View Post
Anyone replaced the instrument cluster and AC control ligths with LED? What LED did you use and where did you get them from
I attempted this and it didn't go too well. The bulbs can indeed be replaced with LEDs if you have a resistor on the positive terminal of the LED. I rigged up a beautiful light to put in there and... it didn't fit. Messed with it for ages and eventually gave up. I was aiming to get the AC knobs to light purple by putting red LEDs behind the blue lenses.
Old 29 Aug 2008, 06:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

hey thudercat you should do a short video of yours working