PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Modding trunk lock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2008, 02:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to wedge22
Default Modding trunk lock

I am finding the truck lock very annoying on the PT. We have to turn the key and keep it turned and then pull on the grip at the same time to open the trunk, this requires 2 hands which is a pain when holding stuff. How would I go about wiring in a solenoid so the trunk can be made to remotely pop open?
Old 22 Sep 2008, 09:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Modding trunk lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge22 View Post
I am finding the truck lock very annoying on the PT. We have to turn the key and keep it turned and then pull on the grip at the same time to open the trunk, this requires 2 hands which is a pain when holding stuff. How would I go about wiring in a solenoid so the trunk can be made to remotely pop open?

Are you sure about this?

I always unlock the doors with the remote or the unlock button from front doors so I never have this problem.

But I really thought that a simple turn of the key unlocked the door...and then you remove the key and open the hatch...no?! You're saying that the key must stay there and TURNED for you to open the hatch?

First time I hear it.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 11:34 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I have the 06 touring and the remote hit twice unlocks EVERYTHING the doors and lift gate I tryed the key and all I have to do is "Unlock" the hatch and open it Im thinking some thing is not quite right if you need 2 hands
Old 22 Sep 2008, 11:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

We do not have power locks or at least I have no key fob to remotely open the locks with, and yes currently we have to keep the key turned to open the trunk.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 01:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

So what happens when you unlock the doors"s?????? better question do you have power locks inside the car???? and if so when you "UNLOCK" the doors that should unlock the hatch at least it does on mine
Old 22 Sep 2008, 03:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wedge may have the basic PT, I know the more you pay the more goodies you get. Not a put down, but a heads up.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Sep 2008, 04:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hery here is a question for you all

The other day my battery was dead (no idea why) anyway I could not open the hatch???? I could unlock it but I am thinking that mine is some how electric????? like a pressure switch anyway I could not open the hatch with a dead battery is this h right????? and if so do you think it was just over looked by the design team
Old 22 Sep 2008, 04:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had power locks on my 2006. The trunk lock worked intermittently so I took it back to my dealer. They concurred with me, ordered a new touch pad and installed it under warranty.

On the 2002 I had, I had power locks installed on it, by a radio/stereo company. The actuators were there and they just installed a "black box" and I got to key fobs, it ran me about $90-$100. Well worth it.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Sep 2008, 04:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I guess I have the basic model, is there anyway to check using the VIN number?
Old 22 Sep 2008, 08:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusierdad76 View Post
Hery here is a question for you all

The other day my battery was dead (no idea why) anyway I could not open the hatch???? I could unlock it but I am thinking that mine is some how electric????? like a pressure switch anyway I could not open the hatch with a dead battery is this h right????? and if so do you think it was just over looked by the design team
The newer PT's (past 03 I think) have a microswitch that electronically opens the latch. If your battery was dead, then this would not work.