Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pt Cruiser rear spolier questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2008, 06:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Pt Cruiser rear spolier questions...

Hi friends, i'm about thinking on buying a rear spoiler for my PT 2.4GT...

"Brand New Factory Style Spoiler for 2000-2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser. This spoiler comes primered and ready"

Costs about 58 USD on ebay.com add +55 USD and + 30 USD export for shipping to France.

My Question is how to fix it on the car ? IS it double died 3M Attach ( i hope not ! ) or anything else. Please do somebody ever bought this part ?

Another question, i don't know my PT color's name !! Seems ridiculous but not easy in europe to have an idea. Should i have to paint myself the spolier ?

Thanks for your answers...

[Bprodgraphics - France] Pt 2.4 GT full pics

Last edited by bprodgraphics; 29 Sep 2008 at 06:48 am.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 10:22 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Pt Cruiser rear spolier questions...

No tape. These baby is bolted on. You have to drill 4 holes into the lift gate. I use to have the template for drilling the holes. If you need one, let me know and I'll see if I still have one.

Frank
Old 29 Sep 2008, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I had one installed at a car show. They installed it by using 4 "sleeves" which they installed into the holes, positioned the spoiler, taping the "sleeves" down. They then removed the spoiler leaving the sleeves which had small holes in them. Then drilled thru the holes, removed the sleeves and re-drilled the correct sized hole using the pilot holes from the sleeves. Bolted the spoiler on. It took them about 1/2 hour, it would have taken me a hour at least.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 29 Sep 2008, 12:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks a lot 1wedwudy & Hooligan.

I'm wondering if this part is only a goodie or an effective performance tip...

Please another question, do you ever had a problem with the PT's DEBIMETRE ? I didn't found anything quoting this word in the forum. It seems my Pt show a problem since today. When i'm in cold starting, the car moves a lot, as well as when there's a fuel false information. I saw a problem at all gears, like holes (is it the correct word) when i'm driving....

Sorry for my bad english !

Old 29 Sep 2008, 01:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprodgraphics View Post
Thanks a lot 1wedwudy & Hooligan.

I'm wondering if this part is only a goodie or an effective performance tip...

Please another question, do you ever had a problem with the PT's DEBIMETRE ? I didn't found anything quoting this word in the forum. It seems my Pt show a problem since today. When i'm in cold starting, the car moves a lot, as well as when there's a fuel false information. I saw a problem at all gears, like holes (is it the correct word) when i'm driving....

Sorry for my bad english !

Your English is pretty good. My French is terrible. Must ask, whats a Debimetre?
Old 29 Sep 2008, 01:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

A debimeter is a part of the engine, it seems there are 2 sensors whom regulates the fuel arrivals...

I dunno the word in english for debimetre... debit calculator ?

Old 29 Sep 2008, 02:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

debimetre means flow meter. Not that is any help to me. Maybe someone here can. Good Luck!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 29 Sep 2008, 10:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My 2008 PT Touring has a factory spoiler of sorts. Just a solid fin bar that stretches across the back hatch. Can I replace it with the type shown in this thread and use existing holes?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 12:21 am
Cool Cruiser

Débimètre = mass airflow sensor or flow meter (or any mix of these words).

It mesures the mass of air entering the engine so the ECU can adjusts the air/gas mix.

Never heard of a PT owner having a problem with it.

Ceci étant dit, tu pourras passer par moi si à l'avenir t'as d'autres problèmes de traduction!

About the color...look at the driver's door edge. You'll see a sticker there with the color code. Just bring this code to any paint shop and they'll mix the right color for you.

Last edited by Duster; 30 Sep 2008 at 08:53 am.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 01:59 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

I have the low profile spoiler >.> Which means repair job!

Looking to get the xenon spoiler eventually.