PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Just a couple small, but cool mods maked off my To Do List!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2008, 02:40 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Talking Just a couple small, but cool mods maked off my To Do List!

Hey Everyone,

Well, as always, I was out screwin around with my ride last night as it was nice, and calm, 65 out, and just too nice to sit in the house. Well, that, and my wife waited to the last minute...knowing excited I can get around surprises, and low, and behold ( I know its not that big of a deal, but I hav'nt ever gotten one before so I am all jazzed about it) new Custom Plates!

And in honer of my new plates, I swung by to cut uo a little with a couple of buddies I have at the local muffler shop. It's been known for a while that I have a couple little exhaust leaks, from tapping the muffler on the ground while going into steeper driveways and such. I never fixed it yet cause I was working on taking out the rear spare tire doughnut, and run a custom exhaust out back since I already got roadside service, and will soon be mostly trailering to shows!

Anyhow, a couple hours of talkin, and tossing back a couple, one of my guys broke on out the torch, and welder, patched the hole in my stock muffler, trimmed a little bigger hole out of the business end and welded on a
3 1/4" huge custom exhaust chrome Tip with Resonator!!! Coming directly off a 3 1/4" hole, welded directly to the muffler, the new tip, and resonator give off a little different cool sounding not, and is essentially just a bigger, longer, meaner looking version of the little stock pipe it came with, but to me, I surprisingly really am digging the look! Ya never know...whenever I finally get around to re-roughting my exhaust, I just might have to find a way to swing for another one of these bad boys for the other side!

Anyways, that's my little bit of insanity for the day! So here's to "CANDZPT", thank you for reading, go easy, and I will catch ya later!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 21 Nov 2008, 04:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Just a couple small, but cool mods maked off my To Do List!

"......and will soon be mostly trailering to shows!"....
Tell me it ain't sooo.....!
Next thing you know, they will be trailering you Candy!
(Life is hell without auto insurance)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 21 Nov 2008, 08:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Just a couple small, but cool mods maked off my To Do List!

Lookin Good Don!

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 03:22 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Just a couple small, but cool mods maked off my To Do List!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
"......and will soon be mostly trailering to shows!"....
Tell me it ain't sooo.....!
Next thing you know, they will be trailering you Candy!
(Life is hell without auto insurance)
I have to agree. Candyman, your ride is stupendously impressive, yet isn't driving it the most fun? I was forced with a REALLY tough choice this winter. Either drive the PT on the salty roads and risk rust, or drive a winter beater. After weighing my options, and realizing what a sweetheart the PT is to drive, I bought a set of snow tires and wheels and well, I'm going to be hammering three foot high drifts (not kidding) and driving it through a white hell for about 5 months. Not that nice on the car, but rust can be ground out and fixed, as can paint chips just washing off road grime. The can you PT without Cruising?

Just my 2 cents,
Ben

Almost forgot, the exhaust looks nice, as you said tho, prolly look 2x good as a dual. I'm hopefully going to try a true dual on mine eventually!
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 23 Nov 2008, 06:30 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Just a couple small, but cool mods maked off my To Do List!

Hey their Guys,

I sure do thank you very much, and that didn't come out right. I was meaning the big show out here which are about 200 - 250 miles away from me. With my back all jacked up, that ultra low no suspension giving, yet way too cool look I got going on is a bit rough for more than about 50 - 60 miles or so. That and, usually after spending days on getting everything all prepped, and shined for a big show, it is really hard to keep it all perfected when driving the family that far, with our bag perched on top of my subs and amps in the trunk, and wind up spending another full day redoing all the work I undid along the way. My friend Poi has a really nice enclosed trailer, and simply rolls up to a big show, and rolls his ride all freshly detailed ride all ready, puts out his chair, grabs a cold drink, and watches all of us working away with our rags and polish. Trailering also allows for bigger display options like big plates of polished diamond plate to park the PT on to give it a really cool effect during Show and Glow!

No doubt half the fun is in Cruising around in my ride, and on the shorter runs up to LA, and such, I do it for every show, meet & greet, parade, and any other event I get to attend locally in a heartbeat! Just looking for some comfort on the longer drives, and even then it ain't gonna happen any time soon as before she will ever be able to get up onto a trailer, I need to put air bags, or face having to put 10' ramps for clearance under my PT sitting at a nice altitude of 3 1/2" under the front bumper!

Till then, I will keep on happily bumping on down the highway as people give me the thumbs up as I cruise on by!

Anyways, big time thanks for all the positive feedback! Its always kinda tough to try to make it cool, and stand out, while trying not to make it look like the next guy, and in the end, all you can do is try new things, and see how it all comes together, and your guy's support, and feedback really means a lot to me!

You guys go easy, and I will catch yall later!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing