PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Body Kits...easy or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2008, 05:22 am
Young Cruiser

Default Body Kits...easy or not?

Good day all....

I have an 03 GT and my wife has put some serious dents and dings on the car in the past few years.....

The car needs a front fascia, rear bumper....some body work done on the Hatch door...and has major pits from rocks on the front and hood.

I've been looking around and kits are quite affordable and I was wondering how hard they are to paint and install.

I would bring the car to a body shop to get it done, but i am worried about....fitment....you know...if they need to spend hours and hours to get the things to match up.

Who here has put them on (should be lots of you around) ahahah and what do you think of them?

Any one better than teh other?

Thanks in advance

Sylster
Old 22 Dec 2008, 05:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Body Kits...easy or not?

sylster, can't answer your question, but wish to welcome you to the Forum!!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Dec 2008, 12:58 pm
Young Cruiser

As far as the body kits go, make sure you get one for a GT (they have a different front fascia). I have a standard PT and I had a local body shop paint the kit for less than $200.00 and I installed it myself. The scariest part is drilling holes in your rocker panels and installing the pop rivets.

If you install yourself, make sure the have the brackets mounted the right direction before riveting them in place. I had to drill the rivets and reinstall one of my brackets. Everything worked out fine...I used a small enough drill bit that I was able to install the new rivets in the same holes.

The bumper components are mounted by cutting slots in the bumpers and using clips on the back of tabs that "slide through" the cuts you made in the bumpers. Overall the installation took me about three hours.

'05 PT Convertible
'03 S500
'98 SL500
Old 22 Dec 2008, 04:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hi there sylster from the UK... as far as front facia and rear bumper goes you wont go wrong with pteazer stuff i fitted mine myself with no test fits before painting and it all fitted perfectly its not the cheapest but it is the best.. and i`d like to wish all you stateside cruisers a merry christmas from us cruisers here in the UK...
Old 22 Dec 2008, 04:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylster View Post
Good day all....

I have an 03 GT and my wife has put some serious dents and dings on the car in the past few years.....
The car needs a front fascia, rear bumper....some body work done on the Hatch door...and has major pits from rocks on the front and hood.

I've been looking around and kits are quite affordable and I was wondering how hard they are to paint and install.

I would bring the car to a body shop to get it done, but i am worried about....fitment....you know...if they need to spend hours and hours to get the things to match up.

Who here has put them on (should be lots of you around) ahahah and what do you think of them?

Any one better than teh other?

Thanks in advance

Sylster
Welcome and sounds like you need the wife driver mod = drive something else.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 Dec 2008, 04:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

... or new glasses. Merry Christmas to all!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 23 Dec 2008, 12:19 am
Senior Cruiser

I try to keep the PT to myself
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 23 Dec 2008, 03:20 pm
Young Cruiser

First of all....not from the UK...but from SK....saskatchewan...

Second of all wife thing...AHAHAH...good one....but fixong the PT is less than 1/2 of what I own

third.....

What's the best place to buy and anyone in Canada carry that stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Sylster
Old 23 Dec 2008, 04:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylster View Post
First of all....not from the UK...but from SK....saskatchewan...

Second of all wife thing...AHAHAH...good one....but fixong the PT is less than 1/2 of what I own

third.....

What's the best place to buy and anyone in Canada carry that stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Sylster
In the lower 50, Maggie @ www.raceandstreet.com and Ray in Florida deals in PTeaxer, not sure of his e mail, google it.

Old 27 Dec 2008, 02:04 am
Young Cruiser

Are there any suppliers/store in Canada that carry these body kits?

I like the "Crusher" what are people's preferences?

Sylster