Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PTWoody Vinyl Siding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Feb 2009, 11:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default PTWoody Vinyl Siding

New to the boards. My wife and I own matching '03 PT Woody's...luv'em, terrific automobiles! I take great care of my cars, but over the years, other car doors have been opened on the sides of our doors and have "dinged" and "scratched" the vinyl wood-grain siding actually tearing small pieces off! Is there anywhere that one can order the wood-grain vinyl material in small pieces or sheets, hopefully with sticky backing? I'd like to be able to cut pieces as small as 1/2" in diameter. This would be similar to patching a kid's inflatable swimming pool or toy with small vinyl patches.

Hope someone here can provide a resource?
Old 27 Feb 2009, 12:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PTWoody Vinyl Siding

Welcome to the forum.

Have you asked PT Woody if they can sell it? PT Woody.com Home of the origanal Woody.

Or are you talking about the vinyl that came from the Chrysler factory? If so, that would be hard to match.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 27 Feb 2009 at 12:04 pm.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 12:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Have you asked PT Woody if they can sell it? PT Woody.com Home of the origanal Woody.

Or are you talking about the vinyl that came from the Chrysler factory? If so, that would be hard to match.
Our PT Woody's came from the factory...not added after we purchased them.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 01:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You may also try here: PT Cruiser Graphics at StreamlineDesign.com I know it is a long shot!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 27 Feb 2009, 02:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I doubt you'll ever get the pattern to match even if you do find the vinyl.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 02:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wedwudy View Post
I doubt you'll ever get the pattern to match even if you do find the vinyl.
Agreed. It will look like a patch. That's why I park in corners and far away from other people to avoid idiots who use other cars as door stops.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 27 Feb 2009, 03:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

WAIT you mean I'm not supposed to just throw open my door and where it lands no one knows???????? why sir you speak as a foolish man NOTHING ticks me off more than then annoying little door dings and man are they hard to get rid of
Old 27 Feb 2009, 04:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I appreciate everyone's feedback...called one woody kit supplier and he tells me that 3M Compnay no longer makes the woody vinyl.

Just thought of this idea as the woody vinyl material is pretty thin, I may look into some of those kitchen drawer liners that have a sticky-back backing...may find a brown that would be close...I only need small pieces about the size of a dime and one would have to look very close to notice the patch if I can find something close. Even if it were tan in color and close, I could cut myself a very small cirlce and use a brown Sharpie to touch it up to match the "woodie vinyl." This might just be the ticket!
Old 27 Feb 2009, 04:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

hey 2pt that actually sounds like it would work i mean if it is really a small tear and I can tell you a sharpie will work on a lot of things i did a camo job on some dark green arrows and it has lasted longer than the arrows did
Old 27 Feb 2009, 04:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusierdad76 View Post
hey 2pt that actually sounds like it would work i mean if it is really a small tear and I can tell you a sharpie will work on a lot of things i did a camo job on some dark green arrows and it has lasted longer than the arrows did
I agree...I think I'll look for some tan, brown, drawer liner material...got the dark brown Sharpie...when my project is complete, I'll take a photo of it and post. Having a graphic art background will help as well. And, just thought of another idea... white drawer vinyl would be most available...get white and a light brown Sharpie and dark brown sharpie and make my own matching vinyl patches! Another thought...I can make up the patches and sell to other PT Woody owners online!

It doesn't make sense that there are so many PT accessory distributors on the WWW that don't sell small sheets of the woody vinyl material...guess I'm the only one to complain, so far? Guess I could obtain a design patent with various sized die-cut rounds of the woody material.