Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Trying To Set My Ride

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Trying To Set My Ride

Hi...I'm trying to set up my 2008 Pt the Touring edition. I want it painted and to add some chrome and some rims. I also like how I have been seeing the color added to the inside and I wouldnt mind doing that either. So can anyone lend a gal some helpful information? No nasty or unuseful information please be nice.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 02:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Trying To Set My Ride

Welcome she_so, My suggestion would be check out some of the members gallery, that would give you some ideas, but asking for a blank check doesn't give us much to go on. What color do you have< and where are you located?

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry about that I guess what I have in mind would kind of help you all point me into the right direction. I would like a two tone color. A black pearl on botton and a red/pink candy color on top. I am located in Virginia and the only person who has said that they do custom paint has quoted me $4500. I just want a good job done on my car so that it looks nice. I want to add chrome accents that I found at autotrucktoys.com and some suicide doors.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Trying To Set My Ride

I had a nice job done on the soonercruiser here in OKCity two years ago; they installed a PTeazer front end, and painted the belt-line and below in multi-stage Inferno Red Pearlcoat - all for $2,500! Seems high to me!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Do you have the "Black Pearl" or "Red/Pink Candy" now on either the top or bottom? If not you looking at a whole new paint job, including door jams hatch jams and maybe under the hood. Two tone won't make it cost a lot extra but a decent job with run a couple thousand.

The chrome accents can be added one or a few at a time. Check around as prices vary quite a bit and yo might even find a good deal on eBay. Also check out www.RaceandStreet.com click on "store" and then "interior or exterior" depending on what your looking for.

Wheels are definitely a buyers personal choice. There's hundreds if not thousands to choose from. If you go to Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels you can pick your car and go thru hundreds of different wheels to see what they actually look like on the car before buying.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:20 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Trying To Set My Ride

Hey their she_so,

I would be more than happy to help you come up with some idea's, but your request is a bit vague. Do you have any thoughts to what you would like to do? Maybe add flames, or graphics to your existing paint, or changing the entire color, etc?

If you would like some more idea's of what other people have done, please check out my Photobucket PT Archive. Here are two links that will take you directly to my Custom Paint Section, Custom Flames Section, and Body Modifications section, and even the Interior Section for you to check out for some creative ideas.

Custom Paint and Murals Section:

CUSTOM PAINT AND MURALS pictures by WestValleyCruisersPTCruiserArchives - Photobucket

Custom Flames Section:

CUSTOM FLAME JOBS pictures by WestValleyCruisersPTCruiserArchives - Photobucket

Custom Body Modification:

CUSTOM BODY MODIFICATIONS pictures by WestValleyCruisersPTCruiserArchives - Photobucket

Interior Section:

CUSTOM BODY MODIFICATIONS pictures by WestValleyCruisersPTCruiserArchives - Photobucket

Or you can always access my full Gallery under my Signature at the bottom of every one of my Posts and click on any catagory you wish at the left side menu which will leed you to pages, and pages of nothing but PT Photos intended to provide limitless ideas, and possibilities intended to inspire anyone looking for ideas on how to personalize their PT.

Once you have some more thoughts on what you might like to do, or have any questions on paint and things, I would be more than happy to help answer any questions you may have, or help develop any thoughts, or ideas as well.

Go easy, check out some cool PT Pic's in my Archive, and I am around here usually at least once a day.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My PT is silver now. Is there away to get this paint job done overtime? Or is it something I have to do all at once? Any recommaditions for shops.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:42 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

If you wanted to do partial paint now you could deferentially do the Black Pearl over the Silver, and then add your second tone later on. One of the biggest things you should keep in mind is if you are planning your two tone, and are not going to keep any silver, then I would suggest you make sure to discuss the overall plan with the Body Shop up front as to do the job right on a full color change you need to take into count that they will need to mask, and shoot the inside of the door jambs, under hood, and trunk jamb areas.

Think of this opposite with the black on bottom instead of on top, but here is a black on silver.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Old 12 Mar 2009, 04:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank You all for the help, especially CANDYMAN. I have took all of your post into consideration and have came up with a slight idea. One that gets me a lovely look and doesnt break me. I have added some pictures from a link that CANDYMAN posted on some designs I am looking into. Feel free to comment. Thanks Once Again
Old 12 Mar 2009, 04:18 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey their she_so,

No problem! I am always glad to help out wherever I can!

As for a two tone look, here is one old school design but utilizes the red on black look to give a better feel for the colors together, and another with more of a raspberry over black which I figure is probably more the color you were talking about.

Candyman

Last edited by Candyman; 12 Mar 2009 at 05:13 pm.