Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need front end suggestions for wrecked PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2009, 01:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need front end suggestions for wrecked PT

Okay, so i just wrecked my 2002 Pt Cruiser (limited, woody)

it was a front end collision (my front end into the back end of a mazada tribute)
and it looks like ill need a new grille, new bumper and new side fender panel (driver side)

i absolutely love this car and am fixing it no matter what the cost, but im just wondering about exterior options, since i have to replace these parts im hoping theres a cool front end body kit of some sort i can buy thats not too much more expensive than replacing them with stock parts.

Ive been looking around but ive been told alot of the front bumper kits actually go on over top of the stock assembly so im assuming I'd be replacing and adding additional stuff with that... and ive seen some really cool looking kits with different fenders or fender flares but havent been able to find any online...

Im new to exterior modifications and what not so i was just hoping to be pointed in the right direction, thanks.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 02:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Need front end suggestions for wrecked PT

PTEAZER not the cheapest but i think the best comes in bumperette or smoothie front, fitted mine in about an hour and half with the smoothie you have to cut the front chassis rails so takes a bit longer..check out PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions

Last edited by rebelcruzer; 28 Mar 2009 at 02:56 pm.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 04:06 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Need front end suggestions for wrecked PT

Hey guys,

Welcome both of you to the Forum!

gcrumpets,

Sorry to hear about your wreck. Below are a small list of the most common places people in the general PT Community buy parts.

For the best fitment, and quality parts PTeazer is the best hands down, but they are a little more expensive. They offer a couple of choices on bumper though, and several choices on grille configurations as well. Here is the Link.

PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions.

You might be able to find some better prices from Mitch over at Cruiser Motorsport, as well as a few different options a well. Definitely worth checking out anyways.

Products Menu

Another good alternative for cost would be Maggie over at Race and Street. Here is a Link.

PT Cruiser: Race and Street

Last in line would be California Cruisers which also offers a few options on bumpers, and grilles, but I believe they are more covers than replacment on many of their parts, and they have a very poor reputation for customer service, and quality of parts, so just beware. Here is the Link.

Auto Design Studio

One of the closest bumper replacment options that I know is close enough to the stock OEM that most Insurance Comanies I have seen will replace it with little to no additional cost is the Xenon Crusher front end. In fact I am looking to replace mine with this one, along with a few other mods in a couple of months after I finish up with a few Shows I am scheduled for. ANyways, here is a pic of the Crusher for you.

One last word of advise, if you have to replace the Fender, please try to replace it with an OEM Fender! Their are less expensive aftermarket fenders available but they are manufactured out of cheaper, thinner material, and they often have fitment issues. More and more Body Shops are looking to use these parts to keep costs down on these types of repairs due to hard times in the Economy so make sure you address that issue to get the repair work done right! I always recommend telling the Body SHop that you are a member of a PT Club, and do attend Shows, and Events, so they know you want a good job with all of the gaps lined up correctly!

One last note, whenever you go to pick up a vehicle from a Body Shop, before you sign any paperwork, do a good thorough walk around. Look over everything in extreme detail including gaps between panels, and paint defects to make sure everything was done to your satisfaction! If something does not look as well as you would like, address it right their and then! I even recommend if possible to try to see it in the shop under florescent lights as they usually show any small defects in the paint better than direct sunlight. Always keep in mind that once you sign off on it, and accept it, it is much more difficult, and time consuming to go back and argue the point later on if you find something you do not like, so be careful! You may also ask what kind of Guarantee plan they have on their work as well so that if the paint failed, or something happened and needed to be brought back, you know how long you are covered for!

Good luck on your project, and if you have any questions on Paint, and Body, please feel free to drop me a line anytime!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 07 Apr 2009, 02:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Need front end suggestions for wrecked PT

Hi this is Ray from Pteazer and if you call me at 714 836 -4662 I will give you anything you need at my new pricing that hasnt even been anonced yet .Im getting ready to make some big price cuts in the next two weeks but since I saw your message I will do the new priceing starting now but you will need to call as I Havent changed the web sight yet .Ray Pteazer .com.