Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2004 chrome pkg eliminated beltline?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2003, 02:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2004 chrome pkg eliminated beltline?

Could someone clarify the following: It appears that the 2003 chrome package included the chrome beltline, which, along with the grill, was the most attractive part of the package. (DC called it A-line molding; is that the same thing?) But it also appears that the 2004 chrome package, thought described as "expanded" - I think they added a foot pedal cover - eliminated the beltline. Am I right?

Interestingly, the Mopar catalog also appears to have eliminated the chrome beltline. Was something wrong with it? I'm disappointed...

Thanks to anyone with more knowledge/insight than me!
Old 27 Aug 2003, 02:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

i was looking at a Seamist Green at my dealers the other day that had the chrome package, and you're right, there was no beltline on it. The chrome I remember was the grill, fuel door, door locks, and (I think) that might have been it (I never looked at the pedals).

Anther penny pinching cost cutter from Chrysler - where will it stop?
Old 27 Aug 2003, 02:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Andy - Your red "HOT CRUZR" has the look I'm going for! Is your grill from DC, Mopar, aftermarket? What about your beltline molding?
Old 28 Aug 2003, 08:39 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stevie

Andy - Your red "HOT CRUZR" has the look I'm going for! Is your grill from DC, Mopar, aftermarket? What about your beltline molding?
Hey Stevie, much simpler and cheaper than Mopar or DC. I got a roll of extruded chrome strip from AutoZone ($20?) and went to work. You can buy kits of the chrome strips that are pre-cut to size which makes the job a little faster to do, but cost a good deal more. Cut the strips to length first and seal the ends with a little clear nail varnish, clean the areas you are putting them on thoroughly with alcohol wipes(strip any wax first), then just apply. If they discolor or start to lift it is a simple job to replace them. Cheap but looks good!
[8)]
Old 28 Aug 2003, 09:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, Andy, for the invaluable info. I'm sure it's helpful to many others besides myself. And sorry for misspelling your plate!
Old 06 Sep 2003, 08:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

thanx andy for the 411 on the belt line and grill work... will check out auto zone... that is a nice look... ptcruizerman