PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2008 accessory options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Apr 2009, 01:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2008 accessory options

Hey folks,

I just bought a 2008 and really dig it. Unfortunately, it wasn't until a week or two later that I was looking at the grill and realized the mods I wanted to do were on a pt cruiser that is 2001-2005 model, not on a 2008.

My question is: Can I swap out the 2008 bumper and/or front end assembly with a 2005, to get that cool grill look?

I assume you can't as when you look at online stores they don't offer the same cool accessories for 2005 and 2007/8, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Thanks,

e
Old 05 Apr 2009, 01:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: 2008 accessory options

My Car is an 07

Only the PTeazer Bumperette and Xenon Bumper are made for the 06 and up.

Here is the PTeazer Bumperette on soonercruisers car.

And heres the Xenon

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 05 Apr 2009 at 01:52 pm.
Old 05 Apr 2009, 01:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Re: 2008 accessory options

slayerdarkcross,

Thanks a mil for the quick response. PTeazer is exactly what I was looking for. Awesome. e

PTEAZER - Bumperette Gallery
Old 05 Apr 2009, 02:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Yeah actually Ray from PTeazer is on these forums haha. Feel free to call him and ask about the bumper.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...tml#post257134
Old 05 Apr 2009, 03:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks slayerdarkcross. Hey Ray. Do you folks ever paint parts prior to delivery? I have a black 2008 and need things painted black. Would be one less thing to have to do.

Thanks,

e
Old 05 Apr 2009, 09:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: 2008 accessory options

era,
Are you good at body shop work?

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 05 Apr 2009, 10:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Besides...
What's wrong with the 2006 and up front grille?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grille.JPG (13.9 KB, 19 views)

Old 05 Apr 2009, 10:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

..and....
The Black Sheep :: Angled Wallpaper picture by SoonerCruiser_photos - Photobucket
The Black Sheep :: Whole Front End picture by SoonerCruiser_photos - Photobucket

Old 06 Apr 2009, 12:03 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Hi there and wellcome to the PT cruiser scene, The front bumper and grill can be changed to look cool without having to change your headlights how ever if you prefer the look of the pre 06 head lights I have done done that both ways .Going from new to old and old to new its fairly easy just look at my web site Pteazer . com. There are several grills that will fit with any year Pteazer Fronts as they are all interchangeable with each other .Once a Pteazer front has been installed the grills can be switched out in about five minutes. Allso this could be your lucky day as Im about to anounce a huge price cut of Pteazer products in responce to the current economic situation. Many products will be reduced by fourty percent or more. If you contact me at work I will give you the new prices early as a wellcome to the comunity. Ray Newton Pteazer Inc.

Last edited by Pteazer; 06 Apr 2009 at 12:12 am.
Old 06 Apr 2009, 01:48 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman

Hey era,

Welcome to the Forum!

It looks like the guys already got you pointed in the right direction so I will just throw my two cents in for good measure.

When it comes to aftermarket body kits, front ends, grilles, and so on, The best and main two companies most people use are PTeazer, and Xenon. In fact I have a ton of PT Friends who have both Kits on their rides. Both companies have been around for a long time, have great reputations around the PT community, and both produce a lot of the hottest exterior parts, and Body Kits for our PT's hands down!

For me, if I had to pick one, I think I would lean towards PTeazer. The biggest reasons are having very few if any Gap Problems, and because of the overall quality of the parts themselves! Most Body Kits like the Xenon, can often require a body shop to help line a Body kit, or front end up on a car to make sure of the fitment, and adjust any gap issues before moving on to prep, and paint. Although its been my experience that most people wind up taking their Body Kits, or Front Ends to a Shop to have them installed professionally, I can think of my of several friends who actually did an initial pre-fitment, had the Body Shop paint them, and did the final install themselves at home usint PTeazer Kits, which not only saved time and money from not having the Body Shop do the install, but also gaining the confidence, and pride in having done the job themselves!

Though Xenon also builds great quality parts, and Body Kits, I honestly can't recall anyone I know being able to send the parts for Paint, and do a Home Install on their own without running into issues!

The only real difference other than preference is overall cost. The PTeazer parts are a little more expensive, but have no issues with fitment, ease of install, and overall excellent quality! The Xenon Kits are a little less expensive for parts, but are a little more difficult overall for fitment which often will result in having a Body Shop Tech spend extra time and labor to assure a good fit which will wind up using up the extra money you saved by going with less expensive parts. And now if Ray is going to drop the price on the PTeazer parts, that will be hands down the best way to go!

If you decide to look into Xenon, the two best people to talk to are:

1. Mitch
Xenon Custom Body Kits

2. Maggie
Exterior: Race and Street

That's my thoughts on the subject anyway! I wish you all the best either way, and please remember to post a pic when you get everything all done up for us PT Fanatics to drool over!

Go easy, and I'll catch you later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 06 Apr 2009 at 03:50 am.