PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Truck fenders in progress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2009, 09:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default PT Truck fenders in progress

need foam..
I taped up posterboard, ran my thumbnail along the front fenderwell for the right radius, and also the shape, so they will at least match.

Here is the template mocked up. I need foam, and will make my plug outta that. Ill just glue together foam sheets to the right thickness, and resin it down good. Ill glass over the top if it, so the fender will be hollow.
This still should give you an idea of how its going to look. The fender matches the front perfectly. (a one to one trace)
Old 10 Apr 2009, 09:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: PT Truck fenders in progress

LOOKING GOOOOOOD!!!

This PT Convertible use to be my BABY it was a 2005 Base 5 speed, Black on black on black, Red rims with full moons hubcaps, Amber fog lights, 6 disc indash CD, Polk speakers, Suicide knob, Black 15" spring ant., Gauges in console, APC air filter system, Complete bullet/turbo exhaust system, Hurst Shifter. May its new owner enjoy it as much as we did. We do still have a 2007 Limiter PT in Cool Vanilla with no mods and two HHRs now.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 11:37 am
Senior Cruiser

Looking really good, Rowdy: she's really taking shape now!
Old 11 Apr 2009, 08:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

hey Rowdy I may be able to save you lots of time and effort with your front fenders.I Think the wide body panel front fenders would save you lots of time that you could spend elsewhere. Please dont take this the wrong way mate if your really into the love of the process I fully understand. and bye the way your doing a hell! of a job there .I just thought I would throw it out there in case you want to focus on somethng else.The kit doesn't normally sell the fenders seperatly but I can do whatever I want, so if you think it would help call me. keep on truckin.Ray. (The fenders start to flare out from the curved part of the doors and are about 2 inches wider at the top center of the wheel and they bolt staight on where you just have to mould the part where the flare begins on the door . Then you just trim the front door edge line and you have it done in a couple of days.).you could see pictures of how they look on the wide body panels gallery on our web sight.

Last edited by Pteazer; 11 Apr 2009 at 08:47 pm.