Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bumper covers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2009, 06:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Bumper covers

Well, I've shopped around and come to the conclusion that it's gonna be me and my old '01 PT together til the first one of us dies. And now that it's probably worth less than $6000 I'm finally thinking about doing some mods that I've thought about for years--if I totally screw it up it's not like I'll be screwing up a new car. So I stopped by a body shop today to get an estimate on getting the little stone chips on the hood and front fenders repaired as well as the rear door where I screwed up and made two scratches in it. Estimate: $1300. One of the charges on the estimate is for taking the front bumper loose so they can paint the fenders behind it. That sounds like the right way to do it but it got me to thinking that I've been looking at the different sites that offer aftermarket accessories and have thought about chrome bumper covers but I hate to order something sight unseen on the internet without knowing how they attach and, as the body shop guy said, a lot of aftermarket accessories that claim to fit so nicely are crude as hell and either won't work at all or have to be severely modified to work. So, has anybody here put on any of these bumper covers? I've been most interested in the ones that are shown on the Autotrucktoys ad made by Distinctive Truck Accessories or the E&G bumper covers that are painted top and bottom with a stainless steel insert around the middle (that might be more practical up here in Minnesota where the roads get heavily salted in the winter.)
What has anyone experienced with these?
Thanks.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 09:07 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Bumper covers

Hey blucruzer,

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you have a good Body Man. He is correct as a lot of the aftermarket parts from time to time can be difficult to line up correctly. If I remember right, I believe the Chrome Bumper Covers are a decent fit, and they come ready to install by using pre-placed red 3M Adhesive.Tape. You should just have to make sure to treat your original bumper with rubbing alcohol to get any and all fingerprints, dust, and other parasites, and insure a good fit. Then make sure everything is lined up correctly, peel off the backing from the tape, and carefully slide the bumper cover on.

My recommendation would be to contact either Mitch at Cruising Motor Sport or Maggie over at Race and Street and ask for more information on any of those types of Bumper. Below are Links to both their Websites:

Bumpers-Roll Pans-Covers

Exterior: Race and Street

Or if you might be interested in any PTeazer Front of Rear Ends, both Mitch, and Maggie carry the Parts, or you could contact Ray over at PTeazer for a very good deal as he is working on doing a big drop in his pricing at the moment. Here is a Link to his Website:

PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions.

I hope that helps. Mitch, Maggie, and Ray are the most well known, and regarded people around the PT Community and will tell you if their are any issues with any parts up front!

If you have any more questions please let us know! Always glad to help out!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 22 Apr 2009, 01:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Bumper covers

Thanks for the quick reply Candyman. I've been reading a number of threads since I came on this forum and have seen your helpful replies to a number of posters. I suspect that, over time, I could ask you a hundred more questions. But I'll try to take 'em one at a time.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 08:39 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Bumper covers

Hey blucruzer,

I am always more than happy to help anytime, and any questions you may have are always more than welcome!

Go easy, and I hope to see you around the Forum.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing