Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Stepside Truck update #541

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2009, 03:47 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default PT Stepside Truck update #541

this oughtta give ya it lines. # 1 is basically done. Today Im making moutns and obviously have to do A LOT of sanding... Id love to make a proper mold like suggested, but that would require me to buy 4 times the resin and glass than I need, or wanna pay. This whole thing has been done "on a budget".
at least its starting to look like my vision..
Im kinda giddy, actually..

Old 26 Apr 2009, 04:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: PT Stepside Truck update #541

You should be giddy! What you are doing is going to be the best-looking PT Pickup Cruiser anywhere. It is looking the way you would think a PT Pickup should look, not like all the others I have seen. Yours looks like a real truck.

This PT Convertible use to be my BABY it was a 2005 Base 5 speed, Black on black on black, Red rims with full moons hubcaps, Amber fog lights, 6 disc indash CD, Polk speakers, Suicide knob, Black 15" spring ant., Gauges in console, APC air filter system, Complete bullet/turbo exhaust system, Hurst Shifter. May its new owner enjoy it as much as we did. We do still have a 2007 Limiter PT in Cool Vanilla with no mods and two HHRs now.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 06:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Rowdy its looking great man,keep on cruizin its comming out sweet.Ray from Pteazer.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 07:45 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: PT Stepside Truck update #541

Hey Rowdy,

That thing is really starting to take shape, and those rounded lines off the new fenders look perfect! I feel your pain on a whole lot of sanding there, but your getting closer to completion all the time! I am still dying to know if you have a direction on color, but I am kinda wanting it to be a surprise at the same time. Can't wait ti see the final result!

Anyways, great job man! Keep up the excellent work!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 26 Apr 2009 at 07:47 pm.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 08:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Hey Rowdy,

That thing is really starting to take shape, and those rounded lines off the new fenders look perfect! I feel your pain on a whole lot of sanding there, but your getting closer to completion all the time! I am still dying to know if you have a direction on color, but I am kinda wanting it to be a surprise at the same time. Can't wait ti see the final result!

Anyways, great job man! Keep up the excellent work!

Candyman
Simple really... I posted before anyhow.
Im doing this.... with Kirker hotrod Black (semi/flat depending on how you spray it).

Ill run stock steel wheels painted red, whitewalls, and a bullet thru the hub center cap like in this above pic. Ill add the retro white to yellow to red tipped flames.
Nothing fancy, or of your painting speed/talent.. but a semi or flat will hide my amature body lines way better than gloss..
Heres a pic of the same paint, but sprayed a little thicker/closer (single stage, you have one chance) for a more semi sheen to it.
it looks cleeeeeeean.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 08:58 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey Rowdy,

Way cool color choice man! Are you going true to the rod look with red steelies? Also, for some reason I can't remember the dang name of the stuff but John Deer has a nice satin black paint that is really popular in the Rat Rod community. The cool thing about it is its pure polyurethane so it is extremely durable, easy to clean, and just looks cool! Just a thought anyways.

I still am kinda mixed on this idea, but have been kinda curious for a while as to what a PT might look like modified using these reproduction parts from a fiberglassed 39 Studebaker body being made by a rod company in Arizona. The body is made to fit up to an S-10 body, and since I have seen several S-10's and Blazer's that have used PT graphted front ends I figured their might not be too much re-engineering to be done ( in theory anyway).

What we really ought to do is get you and a good friend of Ray's named Ron who basically hand built a 5 window out of his PT.

Get you two in the same room for a couple of hours and I recon it would be downright dangerous!

Anyways, like I said man, keep up the cool work! Cant wait to see the final project!

Go easy, and dont work too hard!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Old 26 Apr 2009, 09:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yeah plain red steelies with a bullet thru the hub cap. also those hi-falutin chrome lugnuts. I wont even buy the wheel vintiques... Ill just run snow tires and 15's. Im shooting for classic.. Cheaper for me anyways.

the John Deer implement paint is called Blitz Black> I opted for Kirker as its a urethane finish and wont mar, scratch or chalk in the sun. the blitz black holds up OK, but gets brittle over time.
I wanna do this once...
(in theory lol, as the silly right rear fender was a third attempt).
I can honestly appreciate Rays prices now.
lol
as a fabricator, i see things and think.. "I kin do that".. then I try to... then its another story. haha.
at any rate, this things starting to look like something.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:24 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey Rowdy,

Blitz Black!!! thank you sir!!! I would have been thinkin bout that all night! At any rate, you got some serious old school fabrication done on that beast for sure, and pulling off a good proportional look like you are doing is no easy task! Just raw nerve and talent! I am not as brave anymore, but once upon a time I did get ambitious. Here was my big project I tore apart from the ground up and built with a friend of mine. Started with a 74 beetle, chopped the top off into a permanent roadster, shaved the fenders, handles, and pretty much everything else, and way more. Did my first and last glass work filling the fenders, and made a custom back piece to cover where the rear seat used to be. Origionally I had designed a scoop over the back to be functional and provide air to the motor but my buddy decided not to go through with it. This was also the last car I I spent some quality time in the spray booth with. Shot Mitsubishi Silver over 3 stage PPG Cadillac Pearl white. Took me three years to complete, but to me, some of my best work went into this one! Here are some pic's.

Now that was a fun build!

Anyways, keep on doin it to it, and be sure to keep the pic's a coming!

Candyman

Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

I will and thanks for all the comments/support.
That is one cool VW rod.

I will say this, mister Candyman though...

I am gonna kindly hafta ask you to STOP POSTING THINGS like that cool ass studebaker S-10 until I get these 3 projects done..
Darnit.
Ill never finish anything if I keep seein' new ideas...(that Studebaker front looks totally do-able for a PT)
hheheheheheheheh
Old 26 Apr 2009, 11:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Paint it the colour of that s10 candyman put up and put chrome wheels too thats my vote
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob