PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lambo Doors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2009, 08:39 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr
Default Lambo Doors

does anyone got butterfly doors on their mod lists? Like how the Lamborghini's doors open? Like this, this was actually the first picture that came up when i typed in Lambo doors

Old 17 May 2009, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Your Mod List

At the Myrtle Beach show....

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 May 2009, 11:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Lambo Doors

Interesting, but is that as far as they open, or is that just as far as they were opened to be displayed? As they are, they all look kind of tight to get into/out of.
Old 17 May 2009, 12:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr

That's what I was going to ask, it seems to me like it would be a pain in the ... to get into

Old 17 May 2009, 05:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

I don't imagine the lambo doors swing outwards: that would kinda defeat the whole idea, wouldn't it? The black & gray one looks like the door is raised as far as it can go without hitting its own front fender; but the two Crewzin found, the red and silver ones, look like they could go a little wider. Maybe.

(But I do like those spiked chrome strips over the black & gray one's wheel wells!)
Old 18 May 2009, 01:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

hi there i have heard that the lambo doors do swing outwards but thats only about 10-11 inches when you first open them when thay are down,and then you have to lift them up,but thay will still only be 10-11 inches open when thay are fully up......hope that makes sence lol

now the down side to all of this is ..yes thay do look good but if you notice all the pts that have these lambo doors,also have pop forward bonnit's or in your country (( HOODS)) and why is that you ask ..becouse when you lift up the doors,the point of the door by the door mirror (ie) the bit of the door next to the bonnit scuffs the point of the bonnit (ie) thay both touch like the two blades of a scissors slid together...wow i think i would have to read this twice to under stand what im typeing so to sum it all up when you open the lambo doors to get in ....if you havent put a tilt forward bonnit on as well thay are going to hit.......but saying all this i did notice the red pt had a standard opening bonnit but if you notice that is up too so it doesent hit .....or dont put the doors up to the top hight.......

hope all this makes sence....zebra
Old 18 May 2009, 08:45 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Lambo Doors

Hey Everyone,

Yep, I am afraid Zebra3 is right on the money their. I have brought up my buddy Poi's vert a few times in the past about that very issue. He has actually had to have the hood retouched three times due to people who are working on his ride and accidentally open his doors while the hood is up. He actually can't get a forward tilt hood kit to work on his as the both the hood, and the scoop are both metal and the kits available wont hold the weight which was the reason I have been working on fabricating my own kit for him which has extra heavy duty supports that run the full length if the hood to stabilize it.

Anyways, here is a pic of his ride with the hood partially up. Check out the clearance on the doors as they are almost touching the hood even at that point. Pretty crazy huh?

Other than that, they make two kits. One kit swings out and up higher, and the other a bit lower. Both kits though can either swing out and up, or open like a regular door any time so its not like you have to use them like hat all the time which is kinda nice. It really is a cool look if you do it right.

Anyways, you guys go easy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 18 May 2009, 12:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybluewoody View Post
Interesting, but is that as far as they open, or is that just as far as they were opened to be displayed? As they are, they all look kind of tight to get into/out of.
All of them that I have had the occasion to see the opening was limited.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 23 May 2009, 09:38 pm
Young Cruiser

Just an FYI if you do go ahead with this mod Look at either VDI or LSD for the companies.... you are looking at $1000+ for the kits but the ebay ones for cheaper are just that.... cheaper and will fail on you... LSD is the best of the best but you pay for it the kits average around $1900 but they don't allow you to close the door until it is in the full down position.... They are a mod I'm considering for my Magnum but they will be one of the last things I will ever do to it!!!
Old 24 May 2009, 12:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

And for what it's worth, youngcruiserrr, reversing the rear doors --- like that silver one with the fishy graphics --- is reportedly a pain in the butt too. Somebody around here (was that you, Candyman?) did a pretty good write-up on that mod not too long ago: a breakdown of the problems (door weight on the hinges, getting the door to hang straight, etc.), bodywork, and costs involved.