PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
LeBra vs Factory OEM Bra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2003, 10:14 am
Regular Cruiser

Default LeBra vs Factory OEM Bra

Hey gang,
First time, long time. Would like to first compliment everyone on the wealth of information shared on this site. This is my first PT having traded in my lifted Grand Cherokee, and to say the least - the Cruiser GT is a whole different animal indeed! It helps to be able to get some insight into this car to help with the whole mod process.

Anyway, due to the fact that the wife and I do quite a bit of roadtripping to both of our families, we do need to get a bra for the car to use only while traveling. That being said, noticed that the LeBra looks suspiciously similar to the factory DC bra only w/o the PT Cruiser logo. Are they the same? If so, would it make more sense to but the LeBra at almost half the price of the DC bra? Or are they just two totally different bras entirely. I've read that many members are very satisfied with the DC bra; we just need to cut corners everywhere we can since we now have to deal with car payments again!

Thanks tons in advance!
Old 08 Sep 2003, 10:34 am
Regular Cruiser

Love the name....CarolinaBlue. The bra's have advantages AND disadvantages, but you should never leave it on the car for extended periods.

Have you met Rick Flow in Charlotte yet? go to http://carolinaptcruisers.com/
Old 08 Sep 2003, 01:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

CarolinaBlue,

Can't tell you difference between the two bras your looking at as I have the factory bra and love it for long trips. But you might as well shop around for the best price. Here's some other bras to look at.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/catsubpic.j...175334&BQ=jcw2

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Sep 2003, 03:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

PToholocs - Thanks for the compliment and the "wear warning". (Un)fortunately I'm all too aware of the damage of long-term bra exposure...ummm...what I mean is...[)]

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

CarolinaBlue,

Can't tell you difference between the two bras your looking at as I have the factory bra and love it for long trips. But you might as well shop around for the best price. Here's some other bras to look at.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/catsubpic.j...175334&BQ=jcw2
Heh, yeah, actually that's just where I noticed the LeBra, too.Also how I noticed both the style similarity and the price discrepancy with the Mopar bra.

I remember reading in another post where the DC bra was rumored to actually be made by LeBra...hence the topic!

Needless to say, if it IS made by LeBra, I'd probably just opt to go the JCW route.

And BTW, I'm a Florida native myself. Born & raised in "OLD" Miami. Just been up here in ol' North Carolina for about 2 yrs now.[8D]

Thanks again to y'all for such quick & helpful replies.

2003 Patriot Blue GT
\"R\" Package
Autostick
K&N drop-in w/both airbox silencers removed
Brand \"X\" Turbo-up pipe
Old 11 Sep 2003, 05:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the LaBra for my cruiser it looks great and east to install, but like everyone is telling you DON'T leave it on for any great length of time the price is right also less than $70 dollars, The one from the dealer is more.[8D]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 12 Sep 2003, 10:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

would the heat from a road trip mess up the paint with a bra on??
Old 14 Sep 2003, 09:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobs turbo pt

would the heat from a road trip mess up the paint with a bra on??
I wouldn't think so...besides I keep my baby clean as a whistle and waxed at all times...all hail MacGuiar's The wax itself should prevent a great deal of the scratches and any fading from the sun (resulting in the "bra shadow") To be honest, like I said above, I traded in my lifted '94 Grand Cherokee on my GT, but prior to THAT, I had a *gulp* "ricer" 93 Honda Civic SI...with a Wolf bra which I used between car shows. Even with the red paint and the So Fla sun, I NEVER had a problem with the bra. Granted, the SI wasn't turbocharged, so it probably wasn't creating as much underhood heat, but I still wouldn't imagine that the bra would pose too much of a threat.

And, after some research, I've pretty much decided on a Wolf bra. Turns out that LeBra and Wolf bras are made by the same company - with Wolf being the "higher end" of the two...and still less than the OEM bras. I've pretty much concluded that the OEM's ARE LeBras, so I figure if I can get a BETTER quality bra than and for LESS than the OEM bra by getting a Wolf...then sobeit. Besides, I've already owned a Wolf bra and was VERY impressed by the quality. So I might as well stick with what I know...ya know?

Thanks tons to everyone for their input! [^]

2003 Patriot Blue GT
\"R\" Package
Autostick
K&N drop-in w/both airbox silencers removed
Brand \"X\" Turbo-up pipe