PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Vehicle Wrap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2009, 10:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT Vehicle Wrap

Hello everyone,

I know I haven't been around for a few months but I've been trying to get my PT up to par. I am almost complete and then I will be able to upload some pictures.

I am kinda stuck though.

I ordered an hood graphic from purplejalopy.com but I was unable to install it myself. I don't have the patience. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any where I could go to get it installed. I am located in the Portsmouth, Virginia.
I am willing to drive though to get it installed. Like to Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Newport News, etc. Places that are in a reasonable radius.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Oh I am also trying to find somewhere to install my lights. I been getting quotes of $200 or $80/hr max time 4 hrs. Is that reasonable?
Old 26 Jun 2009, 10:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: PT Vehicle Wrap

Can't help you with the good graphic, but.. be more specific on 'lights'. Headlights? Taillights? Interior lights? Neon underbody?

Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

I have all those lights. Underbody and new headlights along with interior lights. But I figure if someone can install one they can install the other.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:23 am
Senior Cruiser

I understand that, I was just asking you to elaborate on what you meant by 'lights', so we know exactly what you're looking for. 'Lights' is a very broad term.

Old 26 Jun 2009, 01:30 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: PT Vehicle Wrap

Hey she_So,

As for the hood graphic, I would recommend checking around your area for a good local Sign Shop that deals in Vinyl Lettering, or a sticker shop that basically does the same thing making stickers out of vinyl. Both of those types of Shops usually offer installation on custom graphics like this, and can get the measurments, and so on all correct to get the graphic nice and straight. Usually something like a full hood graphic should take around 20 - 30 minutes to apply, and may run between $35.00 to $50 depending on the Shop Rate where you go.

Another place that might be able to do this type of job would be a Tint Shop. The Application is very similar, and many Shops around here offer the service in addition to Window Tinting.

As for the Lighting install work, the Shop Rate of $80 seems a bit high, but not by much, and when it comes to electrical work on your ride, you big time do not want someone who does not know 100% what he is doing trying to hack your wiring! So for what its worth, my 2 cents would be to pay the higher rate, get it done right, and hopfully make sure they back thier work so that if you wind up with electrical problems, they will fix it!

Go easy, and I will catch you later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing