PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
3D Woody Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2009, 08:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 3D Woody Kit

Hello:
A piece from my wood kit fell off my car. I need ti find a replacement and the company that installed the kit (California Cruisers in San Bernardino) is no longer in business. Can anyone direct me to a company that supplies 3D woody kits? I've included a picture of my car with the missing piece in my gallery. Thanks for your help

Last edited by cirvin; 26 Jun 2009 at 09:00 pm.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 09:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 3D Woody Kit

See if PT Woody can help you out. All kinds of wood stuff.

PTWoody.com Home of the original Woody.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 26 Jun 2009 at 09:05 pm.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 11:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Uh-oh, you might be SOL: I think PT Woody only has the 'contact paper' styles, and in your picture it looks like you have the ABS plastic panels.

Which piece(s) fell off? Something like the small spears in front of the doors, or one on the 'B' pillars, where you could just remove the matching piece on the other side to even things up again? (Oh, and you've probably already thought of this, but: check the rest of the pieces. I've had mine about five years, and had two re-glued, just to be safe.)

And as far as California Cruisers goes, did you try there in person? Just emailing or phoning them has NEVER done any good: they've always been notorious for ignoring the people who do either one. (If they ARE closed, nobody on this forum is gonna miss 'em!) Good luck!
Old 28 Jun 2009, 08:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the suggestion. I will contact them Monday and I will keep you posted. It's got to be out there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
See if PT Woody can help you out. All kinds of wood stuff.

PTWoody.com Home of the original Woody.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 08:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

I think I'll take a drive over to the shop this week. Maybe they aren't out of business and have a different number or business name. I have to say, I've had good luck with them. They were quick getting back to me and even helped me out when I was run into. The owner redid the airbrushing on the fender without delay. I'm sorry to hear others haven't had good experienses

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybluewoody View Post
Uh-oh, you might be SOL: I think PT Woody only has the 'contact paper' styles, and in your picture it looks like you have the ABS plastic panels.

Which piece(s) fell off? Something like the small spears in front of the doors, or one on the 'B' pillars, where you could just remove the matching piece on the other side to even things up again? (Oh, and you've probably already thought of this, but: check the rest of the pieces. I've had mine about five years, and had two re-glued, just to be safe.)

And as far as California Cruisers goes, did you try there in person? Just emailing or phoning them has NEVER done any good: they've always been notorious for ignoring the people who do either one. (If they ARE closed, nobody on this forum is gonna miss 'em!) Good luck!
Old 28 Jun 2009, 04:40 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: 3D Woody Kit

Hey their cirvin,

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry to hear about your part missing. Unfortunately PT Bob up at Cal Cruiers is probably your best bet if he is still around If you wind up in a dead end, their is a guy over in Beaumont that does wood work, and actually did a ton of really cool Wood work for another PT Guy I know here in Hemet with a way cool Surf Woody. I was trying to find the number, and the website, but for some reason every time I need something, its no where to be found. Murphy's Law in full effect!

Anyways I will see if I can track it down or give my friend a call and see if I can track this guy down just in case you need him.

Go easy, and I will catch ya later

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 29 Mar 2010, 06:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I recently dealt with PT Bob from SoCal Cruisers, he had a wrap around kit remade for me because I had a broken door panel. His website is no longer active and his emails bounce back to me now.

But I still have his cell number and his voicemail picks up.

I have my old wrap-around kit that I would like to sell if I could. It's in the "For Sale " section of the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 29 Mar 2010 at 06:09 pm.
Old 06 Apr 2010, 09:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i have the same kit on mine, only i only have the doors, rear door, and hood pieces on mine. i just lost the passenger side door piece the other day. got to close to a semi and it sucked it off. heartbreaking. i just got the pt three weeks ago and i only got it because i loved the woody package. if anyone can tell me where i could get a replacement i would be forever in your debt. thanks
Old 26 Jan 2011, 02:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

1/26/11
Hello Cirvin Fresh Cruiser,

I have had this same thing happen to me and was wondering if you ever had any luck replacing the panel . . ?

Thanks in advance - qtrmooncruise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0025.jpg (71.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0026.jpg (61.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 26 Jan 2011, 03:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

U know a picture is way worth at least 1000 words i hadno idea what you all were talking about i thought like a small peice of wood or something had no clue it was the whole door