PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Billet grille

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Sep 2009, 10:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to rte662006
Default Billet grille

Anyone have a billet grille on thier pt(01-05)?What kind do you have?What do you like about it?What do you hate about it?Loooking to buy a billet grille just looking for feedback.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 12:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: Billet grille

01-05 wont fit an 06 without reworking the bottom edge of the grill.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 12:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

LOL...i know that.Working on a friends pt
Old 18 Sep 2009, 02:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Ah alright just checking
Old 18 Sep 2009, 06:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

No problem...lol I hear the e&g is 1 of the better 1's
Old 18 Sep 2009, 08:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rte662006 View Post
Anyone have a billet grille on thier pt(01-05)?What kind do you have?What do you like about it?What do you hate about it?Loooking to buy a billet grille just looking for feedback.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Not sure what kind I have, but I *think* it's an E&G. I picked it used from another Cruiser
It's a bit more of a pain to wipe down, but I really think it finishes the look.

Old 19 Sep 2009, 10:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have an E&G, got another brand from a forum member for my daughter's - and noticed the other brand had a few fewer horizontal bars - not really noticeable, but I liked the E&G better.
An added bonus - I played "deer tag", and I am convince the billet grille saved my radiator. The grille was shot (got another) but it stopped an inch from the radiator - I think with the plastic, radiator would've been hit...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Sep 2009, 11:29 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Billet grille

Hey their Guys,

Yep, the E&G has a pretty good rep. They can be a bit tedious to polish, but a little Detailr's Trick, pick up a small piece of deep pile carpeting. Apply preferably some Jeweler's Rouge which you can find at most any Truck Stop, or your favorite Mag & Aluminum Polish, apply some polish to the pile of your carpet square, and work the polish into all the tight crevices easy and fast. Keep rubbing the polish in till it turns a darker tarnished color, and then wipe off the excess residue with a clean microfiber towel. If you have any trouble removing any dried up chemical, either sritz it with some Quick Detailer, or mix a spray bottle 50/50 with distilled water, and Isobutyle (Rubbing Alcohol), and wipe clean. Last but not least, if you find any residue left over in areas too tight to reach, a couple of my most used, and handiest tools I ever use for Detailing are fine bristle soft paint brushes, and Q-Tips for getting into most any tight areas, and toothpick's to get around all of the edges for really close tolerance Detailing.

Cheap, quick, and easy.with professional results. Anyways, go easy, and I'll catch yo uall later on.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing