Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Luggage Rack / Hitch Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 2009, 09:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Luggage Rack / Hitch Help!

I have a 2006 PT Touring, no hitch and no top luggage rack currently installed. We went camping (family of four) this past weekend and found out exactly how much can fit in ours, down to using the space under our seats! I would like any suggestions for luggage racks that work well with the PT. I briefly looked into bike racks before going (they didnít make it) and saw that it was not recommended to get the strap on ones for the hatch because the seal is too tight. Has anyone used the strap on luggage racks? Ultimately I would like to install a luggage rack for the gear and a hitch for a nice bike rack and also maybe a hitch mounted luggage storage system or a small trailer. Are there any recommendations or anything to stay away from?
Old 04 Oct 2009, 10:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Luggage Rack / Hitch Help!

i have a factory locking luggage rack used 2x's as new they're $250 new + 20 shipping so $270 new selling this one for 1/2 that plus shipping jbenzr@aol.com Jerry Bensinger 330 759 5224 also have Sears Cargo Carrier that is approx 1/3 the cost of factory ones new it bolts on with u bolts if you wanted it too you'd have to pick up as too big to ship am in youngstown, ohio 2 miles off rt. 80(approx 60 miles se of cleveland)