Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
And another ODADDYO front end is born.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2009, 01:38 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Default And another ODADDYO front end is born.

Hey Everyone,

You all remember the Ron Osinga who built his PT 5 Window Coupe right? Well, old Slayer Dark Cross has now joined the exclusive ODADDYO family having just added a brand new custom Front End to his PT. This is only one of a small handful of early production Front Ends in existence as of yet, and is the very first one that has been created for use on the newer 2006 and up PT Cruiser with the newer body style. Unlike Ron's front end on his PT, this new front end featured on Slayers ride has the Bumperettes, as well as a cool new custom Fog Light Assembly which gives it a totally new look to the PT and is done using the existing parts, including the factory for lights themselves. After having worked on Ron's 5 Window Coupe, I can honestly say the quality, and fit of his parts is excellent, and are quickly becoming a hot ticket item! Mr, Osinga also has many other cool parts including a nice set of way cool custom made rear view mirrors, widened fenders, and much more as well as a new ODADYO Clothing Line!

Anyways, here is a side by side pic of Slayer's ride next to Ron's 5 Window PT.

So, if your looking for a new, and totally stand alone unique look for your PT, maybe check out what Ron, and his Company ODADDYO have to offer.

Go easy, and I'll catch you all later on.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 27 Sep 2009, 10:21 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: And another ODADDYO front end is born.

I think I like Slayer's car better. The sheer extent of the mods done to it take the 5-Window Coupe too far from 'PT Cruiser' for my taste, to the point where it's hard to ID the Cruiser underneath; whereas Slayer's may be modded, but it is still obviously a Cruiser.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 11:44 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: And another ODADDYO front end is born.

Hey their prettybluewoody,

Thank you for your feedback. I am kinda caught in the middle on them. I think Ron's PT has so much shock value to it having been modded to such an extent that it really kinda takes people back a bit. After having worked for a week on it though, it really started to grow on me. To me its kinda got that old Gasser Drag Car look going for it like an old 33 Willys drag car from way back in the day.

Now if we could get that thing to do a wheelie without using jack stands I would be begging for a ride in a heartbeat!

I think one of the most impressive things to me other than Ron's great attention to quality, and excellent workmanship, is that he actually got hi9s hands dirty once upon a time and built his PT in his garage by himself , and even more impressive, started on building it at the young age of 19. If he was able to pull that off that young, just imagine what he will be able to do in a couple more years! Even now, I think he is fine tuning his skills to the point where with every new front end he builds, he just keeps getting them better, and better, and really seem to be catching on within the PT Community having already received a ton of orders for the new look.

For me, I really like seeing a whole new styling interpretation on the PT. People often kinda get stuck into just adding a few bolt on's and call it a day which is cool, but after a while, parts wise, you can only re-invent new looks out of old parts so many times, so it is kind of a breathe of fresh air to see someone taking some chances and moving off in a whole new direction!

Anyways, as most of you already know, Ron is offering his ODADDYO Front Ends for sale, and at a very reasonable price. He also has a list of other parts, and does a lot of one off custom work as well, so if you ever are in need of something cool, but just cant find it anywhere, or to just see what crazy concoction he is building at the moment, maybe drop Ron a line and see whats shakin in the world of ODADDYO! He really is a cool guy, great up and coming artist and fabricator with a ton of heart, determination, and plain raw talent!

So check him out, and be sure to tell him Candyman sent ya.

Go easy, again, thank you for the feedback, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 27 Sep 2009, 12:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dis the 5-Window Coupe: it's a sweet ride too, in it's own way --- but, to me, not in a very Cruiser-ish sort of way! I would love to see it in person: no picture ever really gives the full effects that actually BEING there next to it would, does it?!?

I guess it's just that I love the Cruiser for its own sweet self, and I almost have to look at something like the Coupe as a totally different vehicle. (Like the SmartCar: I like the SmartCar, and judge it AS a SmartCar, something completely separate from a Cruiser.)
Old 27 Sep 2009, 02:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Thanks for posting the pic Candyman and the nice words I didn't sleep Friday and on Saturday Crusin for a Cure went from 6AM-6PM for me so today im a Zombie...

Heres a shot of me and Ron in our row at Crusin
Old 27 Sep 2009, 03:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Slayer, upload some photos of that to your gallery pleez! Finally, a PT with a nose as long as mine....lol.... really want to see what that looks like.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 04:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Hah I have yet to shine her up and the front is going back in the shop tomorrow
Old 27 Sep 2009, 07:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

POST PICS!POST PICS!POST PICS!POST PICS!POST PICS!POST PICS!
Old 27 Sep 2009, 08:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

I haven't really taken many shots of the PT yet >.>
Old 27 Sep 2009, 08:29 pm
Veteran Cruiser

That looks like it might give some great room for an intercooler upgrade. It's not something I would do to My PT, but like the PT, I guess it's a love it or hate it kind of thing. and I'm leaning more towards the middle right now.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*